PDA

View Full Version : You just gotta take a look at this!

Steve & Chris Clark
April 4th, 2004, 08:44 PM
This is a great site, it is going to blow yer sox off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://keyhole.com/

--
Stony

---

Lure builder
April 4th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Stony
Thanks for the spam.

Steve & Chris Clark
April 4th, 2004, 11:32 PM
You poor misguided dumb knob, you wouldn't know "spam" from salami......
--
Stony

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Stony
> Thanks for the spam.

---

Bob
April 5th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Make that two who see spam, spam, eggs, spam, sausage, and spam.
Bob
"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> This is a great site, it is going to blow yer sox off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Stony
>

> ---

Steve & Chris Clark
April 5th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Well then I guess I need to make an apology to you, Al and anyone else who
see spam.
I would think that anyone of us posting to a newsgroup is most likely to get
this trash mail. I know when this and other groups get downloaded the
anti-spam we run deletes five or so block-listed posters each time. Once
again my apologies!
It will be a great site to view properties and photograph the lake every few
days to see the shoals and weed growth.
--
Stony

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Make that two who see spam, spam, eggs, spam, sausage, and spam.
> Bob

---

KurtB
April 5th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Apology accepted.

If it was useful SPAM, it may have been OK, but...

Many of the pictures are only updated every 2-3 years...

From the Knowledge Base of the website:

>Frequency of Image Updates
>Keyhole acquires the best imagery available for the Keyhole EarthSystem.
> Most imagery is approximately one to two years old. The update interval
> varies from market to market but is typically two to three years.

Helpful SPAM is generally more accepted by some people. If the post
includes an explanation of what the site does, instead of the "Check
this out" post that started the thread

Kurt

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 06:22:30 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
> wrote:

>Well then I guess I need to make an apology to you, Al and anyone else who
>see spam.
>I would think that anyone of us posting to a newsgroup is most likely to get
>this trash mail. I know when this and other groups get downloaded the
>anti-spam we run deletes five or so block-listed posters each time. Once
>again my apologies!
>It will be a great site to view properties and photograph the lake every few
>days to see the shoals and weed growth.

Lure builder
April 6th, 2004, 01:50 AM
It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i was an
idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing group a
while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then proceeded to
write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.

Jerry Barton
April 6th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Wow Stony, you doing those damn diatribes again?

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i was
an
> idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing group a
> while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then proceeded
> write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.

\The Shadow\
April 6th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Eric, if you have learned one thing on this NG it should be " that this
blight on society will never go away"

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods
"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:37:20 -0400, "Jerry Barton"
> > wrote:
>
> >Wow Stony, you doing those damn diatribes again?
> >

> >"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> >> It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i
was
> >an
> >> idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing
group a
> >> while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then
proceeded
> >> write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.
>
> After all these years, it still BOGGLES my mind that anyone gives one
> hoot, or attributes one gram of credibility to the posts of this
> moron/troll.
>
> Can't people just ignore or killfile this fool?
>
> Without responses, he'd just go away.
>
> I, for one, enjoy the informative posts here that actually have
> something to do with people who bass fish. The dim bulb who
> tries to evade killfiles by his nom du jour is nothing more
> than a usenet mosquito.
>
> Deserving only to be ignored, or swatted away by apathy.

> "What really happened here, I think,is President
> Clinton's greatest mistake was Monica Lewinsky.
> And that forced him to take his eye off the ball.
> He lost the ability to lead the nation to take
> some of the action that Clarke was suggesting."
> - Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del

Steve & Chris Clark
April 6th, 2004, 03:42 AM
If he says I am, I guess I am Jerry? I didn't think it was spamming as I
truly thought the site would lend itself to viewing a lake for locating
structure. A satellite view of my home lakes are sure to turn up a few new
spots.
A good tool to look at a lake one hasn't yet to fish? Discover lakes, lakes
that haven't got any roads to yet. Too many benefits to me not to share
with others. I somehow thought it would stand on its own merit and be taken
for the tool I intended it to be.
If I was going to spam intentionally I don't think I would have done it in
this manner. Oh well.
I will try out the "Pro version" of this site come the middle of the month
through to October. I wouldn't dare comment on the site after this though.
--
Stony

"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> Wow Stony, you doing those damn diatribes again?
>

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i was
> an
> > idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing group
> > while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then proceeded
> > write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.

---

Jerry Barton
April 6th, 2004, 04:05 AM
I checked out that program last year and thought that it was pretty amazing,
but I guess I dropped the ball and never went any farther to find out about
pricing. I downloaded the Pro version, but I haven't wanted to install it
yet because of the time clock inbetted into it. I'll save the 30 days use
for the summer season.

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> If he says I am, I guess I am Jerry? I didn't think it was spamming as
> truly thought the site would lend itself to viewing a lake for locating
> structure. A satellite view of my home lakes are sure to turn up a few new
> spots.
> A good tool to look at a lake one hasn't yet to fish? Discover lakes,
lakes
> that haven't got any roads to yet. Too many benefits to me not to share
> with others. I somehow thought it would stand on its own merit and be
taken
> for the tool I intended it to be.
> If I was going to spam intentionally I don't think I would have done it in
> this manner. Oh well.
> I will try out the "Pro version" of this site come the middle of the month
> through to October. I wouldn't dare comment on the site after this though.
> --
> Stony
>
> "Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> > Wow Stony, you doing those damn diatribes again?
> >

> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i
was
> > an
> > > idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing
group
> > > while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then
proceeded
> > > write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.
> >

> ---

Steve & Chris Clark
April 6th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Glad to see someone with eyesight that focuses beyond the end of their own
nose Jerry! What is the "Inbetted clock" you speak of ?
--
Stony

"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> I checked out that program last year and thought that it was pretty
amazing,
> but I guess I dropped the ball and never went any farther to find out
about
> pricing. I downloaded the Pro version, but I haven't wanted to install it
> yet because of the time clock inbetted into it. I'll save the 30 days use
> for the summer season.

---

Jerry Barton
April 6th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Most trial programs that you download only have a time use of 30 days
embedded into itself, so that it won't work after the 30 days are up.
Thereby causing you to purchase the program for future use, hence, the name
"trial" version.

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> Glad to see someone with eyesight that focuses beyond the end of their own
> nose Jerry! What is the "Inbetted clock" you speak of ?
> --
> Stony
>
> "Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> > I checked out that program last year and thought that it was pretty
> amazing,
> > but I guess I dropped the ball and never went any farther to find out
> about
> > pricing. I downloaded the Pro version, but I haven't wanted to install
it
> > yet because of the time clock inbetted into it. I'll save the 30 days
use
> > for the summer season.
>

> ---

Bubba Test
April 6th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Stony, rest assured. I use a website (not the one you mentioned) that shows
aerial and sat images of locations. It IS a good tool to find new holes.
It updates every few years so you won't find daily changes but it's useful
and you can find gps coordinates to map it out.

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> A good tool to look at a lake one hasn't yet to fish? Discover lakes,
lakes
> that haven't got any roads to yet. Too many benefits to me not to share
> with others. I somehow thought it would stand on its own merit and be
taken
> for the tool I intended it to be.

KurtB
April 6th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Stony,

I hope you were not referring to me with your "focus beyond the end of
their own nose" comment.

Many of us use satellite pictures to do exactly what you said in you
4th post - look for structure, new lakes, etc.

Your first post did not say anything about what the site was,
therefore, I did not bother checking it out. Had your post told us up
front that it was a program for viewing satellite images, that you had
used it, and found it interesting/helpful, than maybe I would have
checked it out. Also, many (including myself) may not have thought
of it as SPAM.

In a follow up post, you made it sound like it could be used to check
on weed growth every few days. This sounded interesting, so I checked
out the site, and found that it would not work as you said. How would
a picture that is updated every 2-3 years show me "weed growth"? It
is becoming more obvious that you have never even used this program.

As for the cost, $70 per year, for the consumer version, is an OK
price if I would use it a lot, but $600 per year for the 'pro' version
is more than a little steep.

Now Lets Go Fishing!

JMO

Kurt

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:19:55 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
> wrote:

>Glad to see someone with eyesight that focuses beyond the end of their own
>nose Jerry! What is the "Inbetted clock" you speak of ?

Steve & Chris Clark
April 7th, 2004, 01:34 AM
No Kurt, I was not referring to you! Sorry if you interpreted it that way.
Like I said though there was no spam intended and maybe my definition is
skewed? The thought of sharing was my intent and this group I consider to
be brothers and brothers-in-law and the odd sister mixed in there too ;-).
I didn't really expect to take the heat like this at all but more on the ,
thanks what a great tool! Sometimes I don't have the time to write a
diatribe thingie in respect of these issues. I did not use this site as I
was under the impression that it would be current. I wanted to save free
view for the end of the month but as you say updates are two to three years
apart, thanks for that.
If you are using a site that has the same imaging with more current info
available I would like you to post it, please.
--
Stony

"KurtB" > wrote in message
> Stony,
>
> I hope you were not referring to me with your "focus beyond the end of
> their own nose" comment.

---

Steve & Chris Clark
April 7th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Terrific Bubba! Would you mind sharing it with the group?! I don't think my
lake has changed that much in the past fifty or so years ;-)
--
Stony

"Bubba Test" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Stony, rest assured. I use a website (not the one you mentioned) that
shows
> aerial and sat images of locations. It IS a good tool to find new holes.
> It updates every few years so you won't find daily changes but it's useful
> and you can find gps coordinates to map it out.

---

Andrew Kidd
April 7th, 2004, 01:55 AM
I hardly found your first posting to be spam... You don't have a
financial interest in the site, do you?

As far as the site goes, I didn't find much value. I downloaded the
Keyhole LT version, and didn't see any detail worth talking about, aside
from some good roadmaps (at least for Central IN). I appreciate you
pointing it out to us...

I use TerraServer at:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/

I have made some really nice topo maps from this site, but it takes a
lot of time and a lot of screenshots.

Have a look! It gives you a choice of aerial photo or topo and it's free...

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> This is a great site, it is going to blow yer sox off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> http://keyhole.com/
>
> --
> Stony
>

> ---

Lure builder
April 7th, 2004, 02:15 AM
I fish the early seasons up here and know that the weeds die off each season.
I'm not sure how you could keep track of weed growth from satellite photos and
turn that into some sort of opportunistic fishing situation. I guess Stony has
the smarts to do it.
I have one (of a dozen) satellite map that shows off the Great Lakes and also
some of the smaller lakes. The maps are quite inspirational to look at from a
fishing perspective. There is 400,000 lakes in Ontario.

Jim Howarth
April 7th, 2004, 05:27 AM
"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> If he says I am, I guess I am Jerry? I didn't think it was spamming as
> truly thought the site would lend itself to viewing a lake for locating
> structure. A satellite view of my home lakes are sure to turn up a few new
> spots.
> A good tool to look at a lake one hasn't yet to fish? Discover lakes,
lakes
> that haven't got any roads to yet. Too many benefits to me not to share
> with others. I somehow thought it would stand on its own merit and be
taken
> for the tool I intended it to be.
> If I was going to spam intentionally I don't think I would have done it in
> this manner. Oh well.
> I will try out the "Pro version" of this site come the middle of the month
> through to October. I wouldn't dare comment on the site after this though.
> --
> Stony
>
> "Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> > Wow Stony, you doing those damn diatribes again?
> >

> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i
was
> > an
> > > idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing
group
> > > while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then
proceeded
> > > write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.
> >

> ---

I have tried the Nvidia version. It is kind of fun to play with but of not
much use to me.
It contains very little Canadian content. Only Vancouver, Montreal &
Toronto. Cannot even get a view of the Canadian side of the Detroit River
or Lake St. Clair.
If you are looking for Eastern Ontario, like Stony Lake, forget about it.
Jim

Bubba Test
April 7th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I use www.terraserver.com (not terraserver / microsoft's site) Searches to
8 meters are free...subscriptions for closer-ups are available at different
price points. I have no business interest in the site or company. I just
use it for mapping. Take a look.
Bubba

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> Terrific Bubba! Would you mind sharing it with the group?! I don't think
my
> lake has changed that much in the past fifty or so years ;-)
> --
> Stony
>
> "Bubba Test" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > Stony, rest assured. I use a website (not the one you mentioned) that
> shows
> > aerial and sat images of locations. It IS a good tool to find new
holes.
> > It updates every few years so you won't find daily changes but it's
useful
> > and you can find gps coordinates to map it out.
>

> ---

Andrew Kidd
April 8th, 2004, 12:42 AM
"Bubba Test" > wrote in message
.net...
> I use www.terraserver.com (not terraserver / microsoft's site) Searches
> 8 meters are free...subscriptions for closer-ups are available at
different
> price points. I have no business interest in the site or company. I just
> use it for mapping. Take a look.
> Bubba

This is why I use the http://terraserver.microsoft.com site. It's free down
to a meter resolution. You also have the option to view topo or aerial,
which in many instances includes the lakes topo as well... I'll post an
example over on the a.p.b.f. group of Glenn Flint reservoir in Indiana.

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!
http://www.rofb.net/ - ROFB Newsgroup Home

Bubba Test
April 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I find terraserver.com has more recent pics when I compared it to your site.
That's my experience. You get what you pay for.
Bubba

"Andrew Kidd" > wrote in message
> "Bubba Test" > wrote in message
> .net...
> > I use www.terraserver.com (not terraserver / microsoft's site)
Searches
> > 8 meters are free...subscriptions for closer-ups are available at
> different
> > price points. I have no business interest in the site or company. I
just
> > use it for mapping. Take a look.
> > Bubba
>
> This is why I use the http://terraserver.microsoft.com site. It's free
down
> to a meter resolution. You also have the option to view topo or aerial,
> which in many instances includes the lakes topo as well... I'll post an
> example over on the a.p.b.f. group of Glenn Flint reservoir in Indiana.
>
> --
> Andrew Kidd
> http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!
> http://www.rofb.net/ - ROFB Newsgroup Home

Bubba Test
July 26th, 2004, 06:28 PM
"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> Wow Stony, you doing those damn diatribes again?
>

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > It's a pretty feeble apology particularly when you insinuated that i was
> an
> > idiot over raising the issue. Stony also spamed the canrec fishing group
> > while back. He made an opener that he wasn't spamming and then proceeded
> > write a diatribe on guiding. Enough said and sorry for the rant.

Steve & Chris Clark
July 26th, 2004, 07:27 PM
?
--