PDA

View Full Version : *%$@ Weather

Brad Coovert
April 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Well, I scratched our first club tourney for the year due to strong winds
Saturday and stronger winds forecast for Sunday. First time I have called off
an event.

The lake we were fishing is very difficult to get out of the wind and the ramps
are difficult to load/unload as well. Water temps were 45-50 degrees...no fun
to fall in or be have your boat swamped in.

Several of us prefished Saturday until the wind got too strong. Then we
practically got blew out of the campground as the winds picked up all afternoon
and evening.

IMO, safety first. We can always make up the tourney later this year.

Brad
Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Andrew Kidd
April 5th, 2004, 12:36 AM
"Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> Well, I scratched our first club tourney for the year due to strong winds
> Saturday and stronger winds forecast for Sunday. First time I have
called off
> an event.
>
> The lake we were fishing is very difficult to get out of the wind and the
ramps
> are difficult to load/unload as well. Water temps were 45-50 degrees...no
fun
> to fall in or be have your boat swamped in.
>
> Several of us prefished Saturday until the wind got too strong. Then we
> practically got blew out of the campground as the winds picked up all
afternoon
> and evening.
>
> IMO, safety first. We can always make up the tourney later this year.

Good call Brad....
Knowing what the conditions have been like in the area last two days, I
bet more guys are glad it's off then who are disappointed!

What lake were you guys fishing?
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Chief13amc
April 5th, 2004, 01:07 AM
We ran into the same problems, started out as a beauty day and turned sour very
quickly.
Allen
911 Bass Anglers
Bucks County PA

Brad Coovert
April 5th, 2004, 02:45 AM
>What lake were you guys fishing?

Brookville. Maybe it's the layout of the lake, being a long lake that runs
straight north-south, that makes it a wind tunnel, but somehow, the wind finds
its way into ever nook and cranny and no shoreline, cove or creek is immune to
the wind.

The main lake can really roll when the wind blows out of the south or north.