PDA

View Full Version : Tope off N Devon

Keith M
September 10th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Last week the local rag in N Devon carried an article about the commercial
brigade planning to target tope now that they were more plentiful.
The reporter pointed out that the tope generated a greater revenue from
anglers than they ever would if caught and sold on a commercial basis.

How can we help prevent this happening?

Keith M

Nick Noble
September 13th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Keith M wrote:
> Last week the local rag in N Devon carried an article about the commercial
> brigade planning to target tope now that they were more plentiful.
> The reporter pointed out that the tope generated a greater revenue from
> anglers than they ever would if caught and sold on a commercial basis.
>
> How can we help prevent this happening?
>
> Keith M

Hi Keith

You could do worse than take a look at www.save-our-sharks.org a new
group set up with the sole intention of promoting catch and release and
the general welfare of the UK's small shark species, including opposing
any additional commercial exploitation of these wonderful fish.

Nick