PDA

View Full Version : Conservation

Dichromus
September 19th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Would the gentleman who landed a small, (imho), flatfish at the Grovenor Rd. / Rydal Rd. promenade mark in Heysham today (Sunday), please remember that there are minimum sizes for fish caught and kept around U.K. coasts.
The chap was some distance away from me and I couldn't tell what the species was, (the fish that is), but it was VERY small. Not much bigger than the palm of my hand.
I'm sure the guy wasn't that hungry!

PeeWee
September 19th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Not everyone is aware of minimum sizes, It's a case of educating people, I
fish around the North West and it's amazing how many of the older generation
( I'm 47!) keep all the small fish to take home :(
We had 200 self adhesive tackle box stickers printed up and gave them away
to site visitors, which were a huge sucess, maybe worth printing out this
minimum size chart to show anglers that are not aware of such laws.
http://www.castandcatch.com/minimum.htm

Tight Lines
Pete

(Remove THEHOOK to rely via e-mail)

"Dichromus" > wrote in message

> Would the gentleman who landed a small, (imho), flatfish at the Grovenor
> Rd. / Rydal Rd. promenade mark in Heysham today (Sunday), please
> remember that there are minimum sizes for fish caught and kept around
> U.K. coasts.
> The chap was some distance away from me and I couldn't tell what the
> species was, (the fish that is), but it was VERY small. Not much bigger
> than the palm of my hand.
> I'm sure the guy wasn't that hungry!
>

> --
> Dichromus

Keith M
September 20th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks PeeWee
And to advise ng members the table is best saved in Excel

Are there any tables covering other regions of the UK?
Tight Lines
Keith M