PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO CATCH BIGGER FISH USING YOUR VOCAL CHORDS!

KDVD4PC
September 19th, 2005, 11:45 AM
HOW TO CATCH BIGGER FISH USING YOUR VOCAL CHORDS!

To lure in those big ones, you better practice up first - fish are big
critics!

How do I practive you say? Well, you need the fisherman's karaoke DVD for
computer filled with over 3000 popluar fish-friendly songs. Fish will jump
right into the boat...either to hear you sing or to get away from the sonic
vibrations.

Email your request to view the complete song list to karaokeidol(at)shaw.ca

It's a lifetime of karaoke music on DVD with 1000's of popular mp3+g karaoke
songs of every era and style of music imaginable.

FOR PC OR MAC COMPUTERS WITH DVD-ROM - will not play in DVD home player.

Includes master song-search book and tools for easy set up on your computer.

*non-applicable to replies posted on this message board - requests by email
only please!

God Bless the Fisherpeople!

Conan The Librarian
September 19th, 2005, 02:26 PM
KDVD4PC wrote:

> [snip of spam]

KDVD4PC (can I just call you "KD" for short?) brings up an
interesting question. What would be your best fish-catching song? You
know, the one that drives the fish to jump into your waders ... er ... boat.

I nominate Mack the Knife.

Chuck Vance

Tim J.
September 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Conan The Librarian typed:
> What would be your best fish-catching song? I nominate Mack the Knife.

Three Little Fishies.
--
TL,
Tim

Tim J.
September 19th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Tim J. typed:
> Conan The Librarian typed:
>> What would be your best fish-catching song? I nominate Mack the
>> Knife.
>
> Three Little Fishies.

On further reflection, I wish to change my vote. I was given a stupid CD
with a bunch of stupid Christmas fish songs one year. On it was this ditty -
I can only remember the chorus (to the tune of We Wish You a Merry
Christmas):

We wish you would clean our fish, miss.
We wish you would clean our fish, miss.
We wish you would clean our fish, miss.
And bring us some beer.
--
TL,
Tim

William Claspy
September 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
On 9/19/05 9:26 AM, in article , "Conan The
Librarian" > wrote:

> I nominate Mack the Knife.

Seidman, don't even THINK of going there.......

Scott Seidman
September 19th, 2005, 03:29 PM
William Claspy > wrote in news:BF5440BC.275D%
:

> On 9/19/05 9:26 AM, in article , "Conan The
> Librarian" > wrote:
>

>> I nominate Mack the Knife.
>
> Seidman, don't even THINK of going there.......

I don't have to ;)

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Tim J.
September 19th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Scott Seidman typed:
> William Claspy > wrote in news:BF5440BC.275D%
> :
>> On 9/19/05 9:26 AM, in article , "Conan The
>> Librarian" > wrote:
>>
>>> I nominate Mack the Knife.
>>
>> Seidman, don't even THINK of going there.......
>
> I don't have to ;)

I thought the same thing. It's a pretty interesting state of affairs when
"the song" is automatically placed in the subject's brain just from
tangential suggestion by a third party. Good work, Scott. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Stan Gula
September 19th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Conan The Librarian wrote:
> What would be your best fish-catching song?
> You know, the one that drives the fish to jump into your waders ...
> er ... boat.
>
> I nominate Mack the Knife.

Fish heads, Fish heads
Roly poly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yum

Fish heads, Fish heads
Roly poly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yum

In the morning
Laughing, happy Fish Heads
In the evening
Floating in the soup

[chorus]

Ask a Fish head
Anything you want to
They won't answer
They can't talk

[chorus]

I took a Fish head
Out to see a movie
Didn't have to pay
To get it in

[chorus]

They can't play baseball
They don't wear sweaters
They're not good dancers
They don't play drums

[chorus]

Roly poly Fish heads
Are never seen drinking
Cappacino in Italian restaurants
With Oriental women...Yeah

[chorus repeats several more times]

by Barnes and Barnes
From the album Voohbaha!
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

rw
September 19th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Stan Gula wrote:

> [chorus repeats several more times]
>
> by Barnes and Barnes
> From the album Voohbaha!

I have that track on The Best of Dr. Demento. It's a classic, but it's
not the funniest on the CD.

Personally, I like Robert Earle Keen's "Five Pound Bass."

Scott Seidman
September 19th, 2005, 11:38 PM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in news:1xGXe.3891$iu5.2130
@trndny04:

> by Barnes and Barnes
> From the album Voohbaha!

Art Barnes was Bill Mumy, aka Will Robinson, aka Anthony Fremont in "It's a
Good Life", and "It's Still a Good Life" ("You're a Bad Man... You're a
VERY bad man")

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Stan Gula
September 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Scott Seidman wrote:
> "Stan Gula" > wrote in
> news:1xGXe.3891$iu5.2130 @trndny04:
>
>> by Barnes and Barnes
>> From the album Voohbaha!
>
> Art Barnes was Bill Mumy, aka Will Robinson, aka Anthony Fremont in
> "It's a Good Life", and "It's Still a Good Life" ("You're a Bad
> Man... You're a VERY bad man")

Yep, that's the major Barnes. I remember seeing the video on the Dr.
Demento TV show on MTV (back when they played music videos). Dr. Demento
plays a homeless man in the video...
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

September 20th, 2005, 12:42 AM
We wish you would clean our fish, miss,
We wish you would clean our fish, miss,
We wish you would clean our fish, miss,
And bring us some beer.

It's hilarious but impossible for me to sing : -)

bruce h

Larry L
September 20th, 2005, 01:27 AM
"Conan The Librarian" > wrote

, the one that drives the fish to jump into your waders ... er ... boat.

That caused a 'flash back' in my aging memory.

Many years back, I used to go to a local pay to play, put n take, lake a few
times each winter when there was little else to keep me busy. The place
planted big Cuttbows and fed them well ..... it advertises itself as having
"the best tasting trout in California" available, thanks to it's unique feed
formula ..... you get the idea, not exactly a wild trout destination for the
purist <G> ( the place gets a lot of people with fly rods and pontoon
boats, if not many fly fishermen :-)

Well, nearly every day they drive a truck up from the hatchery and dump in a
fresh bunch of fish. These newly released fish, missing the confines of
the concrete hatchery I guess, mill around in tight groups and often some
will repeatedly jump clear of the water. Usually, when this happens, a
bait fisherman will yell to the fly rod users trolling buggers something
about "they are jumping, you fly guys should do great !! " .... but, oops,
that is not the flash back ...

Once I saw a fish of several pounds jump clear of the water and come down IN
a boat tied up at the dock. A fisherman using that dock as a place to sit
and watch his bobber ( not an indicator, a real bobber ;-) jumped up, ran to
the moored boat, seized the fish and then got his friend to take a "hero
photo" of him holding the big fish he had caught, 'standard pose #1'
............ as the Bud ads say .... TRUE ( and maybe one of the reasons I,
as a rule, find such 'Fred and a Fish" fotos so tawdry when I see them )

P.S. yes, I kept my limit and ate 'em, usually smoked ....

B J Conner
September 20th, 2005, 05:13 AM
How about
"The Fishermaid of Bodensee"

"Conan The Librarian" > wrote in message
> KDVD4PC wrote:
>
> > [snip of spam]
>
> KDVD4PC (can I just call you "KD" for short?) brings up an
> interesting question. What would be your best fish-catching song? You
> know, the one that drives the fish to jump into your waders ... er ...
boat.

> I nominate Mack the Knife.
>

> Chuck Vance

rw
September 20th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Larry L wrote:

> Once I saw a fish of several pounds jump clear of the water and come down IN
> a boat tied up at the dock. A fisherman using that dock as a place to sit
> and watch his bobber ( not an indicator, a real bobber ;-) jumped up, ran to
> the moored boat, seized the fish and then got his friend to take a "hero
> photo" of him holding the big fish he had caught, 'standard pose #1'

If I'd been that fisherman, I'd definitely have wanted that photo.

Conan The Librarian
September 20th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Stan Gula wrote:

> Fish heads, Fish heads
> Roly poly Fish heads
> Fish heads, Fish heads
> Eat them up, Yum
>
> Fish heads, Fish heads
> Roly poly Fish heads
> Fish heads, Fish heads
> Eat them up, Yum
>
> [etc., etc.]

I would hereby like to officially apologize to all of ROFF for
starting this thread.

Chuck Vance (yeah, I know, but in this case it's called for)

Cyli
September 21st, 2005, 09:05 AM
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:59:58 -0600, rw
> wrote:

>Larry L wrote:
>>
>> Once I saw a fish of several pounds jump clear of the water and come down IN
>> a boat tied up at the dock. A fisherman using that dock as a place to sit
>> and watch his bobber ( not an indicator, a real bobber ;-) jumped up, ran to
>> the moored boat, seized the fish and then got his friend to take a "hero
>> photo" of him holding the big fish he had caught, 'standard pose #1'
>
>If I'd been that fisherman, I'd definitely have wanted that photo.

I would, too. And every person who'd see the pic would get the story.
Along with how the fish tasted, because you can't release a fish that
dumb.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: (strip the .invalid to email)