PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Humber Estuary

Lee Davison
September 20th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Hey guys,
Has anyone here been fishing in the Humber Estaury? Im looking in
particularly for a beached section where myself and a friend can throw a
line in, not worry about getting cut off by tides, and maybe relax with a
sandwich while dipping our toes in the sand! We're pretty new to this so the
location is more important to us than the chance to catch fish, we're happy
with a bit of seascape, a catch is a bonus. We'd rather not stand in mud or
anywhere dangerous.

Ta
Lee

Ian Sutherland
September 21st, 2005, 07:11 AM
Lee Davison wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Has anyone here been fishing in the Humber Estaury? Im looking in
> particularly for a beached section where myself and a friend can throw a
> line in, not worry about getting cut off by tides, and maybe relax with a
> sandwich while dipping our toes in the sand! We're pretty new to this so the
> location is more important to us than the chance to catch fish, we're happy
> with a bit of seascape, a catch is a bonus. We'd rather not stand in mud or
> anywhere dangerous.
>
> Ta
> Lee

You might try the forums here: http://macky1.proboards30.com/index.cgi

You should also know that the Humber is a very muddy river, with the
only sandy bits at the extreme end of the estuary ... so probably rather
isolated from many peoples' viewpoint.

Regards,

Ian Sutherland