PDA

View Full Version : Well it took 5 years

blackcat
September 24th, 2005, 07:02 AM
A solid year of Cardiac Rehab and was able to fish the Green River via
Drift Boat late August. Brother and I had a blast. Trout Creek Outfitters
was great to be our host and guide service. Perfect Lodging, 3 nights and
4 days on the Green River, Section A. Was lucky enough to meet some sages
in the field, Emmet Heath, Dennis Breer and Larry Walker. Truly felt
blessed being there. We got lucky with our Guide too, Doug the Bearded
Nympher.

Never been in a drift boat before, so that was a new experience and I can
see why people like it so much. I'm thinking a Subaru Forrester can pull a
16' Clackacraft. ;-)

http://fkmod.com/bc/images/MyLargeBrown.jpg

A lot has changed in 5 years. I did not know that there was a fire up
there in Dutch John in 2001 and found out that Gary LaFontaine passed away
in 2002. Him and Jack Dennis always made a good team.

The Uintah River up past Neola is fishing really well, so is the Strawberry
River at Strawberry Pinnacles.

If you are ever up in Utah and need to know where some good spots are, talk
with Byron over at FishTech or Todd at Sportsman Warehouse in Sandy.

Peace.

/bc

Wayne Knight
September 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
"blackcat" > wrote in message
. ..
>A solid year of Cardiac Rehab and was able to fish the Green River via
> Drift Boat late August.

Congrats

David Snedeker
September 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM
"Wayne Knight" > wrote in message

> "blackcat" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >A solid year of Cardiac Rehab and was able to fish the Green River via
> > Drift Boat late August.
>
> Congrats

Was wondering just what happened to you. Sounds like you're still kicking.
Good going and congrats also.

Dave

~^ beancounter ~^
September 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
>A solid year of Cardiac Rehab and was able to fish the Green River via
> Drift Boat late August.

way to go......the green river has some "epic" spots...imho....
nice photo...

blackcat
September 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
It was good to smell the air and see the water again. You never really
realize how much you love something until you can't do it anymore.

The guide asked me what my expectations were the first day. Told them that
they were already met. He looked at me a little puzzled and asked how.
Told him that I was sitting in this boat and I was on this river. That's
what I wanted to accomplish. He asked, what about catching fish. Told him
that I use to equate a successful day of fishing by the number of fish I
caught. For me now, just being here is good enough. If I get a strike and
land a fish or two, it's a thrill, but by no means necessary.

Peace.

/bc

Stan Gula
September 25th, 2005, 08:31 PM
blackcat wrote:
> It was good to smell the air and see the water again. You never
> really realize how much you love something until you can't do it
> anymore.
>
> The guide asked me what my expectations were the first day. Told
> them that they were already met. He looked at me a little puzzled
> and asked how. Told him that I was sitting in this boat and I was on
> this river. That's what I wanted to accomplish. He asked, what
> about catching fish. Told him that I use to equate a successful day
> of fishing by the number of fish I caught. For me now, just being
> here is good enough. If I get a strike and land a fish or two, it's
> a thrill, but by no means necessary.
>
> Peace.
>
> /bc

Good attitude. I can totally relate. Glad to see you back in action.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

JR
September 26th, 2005, 07:25 AM
blackcat wrote:
> A solid year of Cardiac Rehab and was able to fish the Green River via
> Drift Boat late August. Brother and I had a blast.

Congratulations on being up and about on the water again.

> Never been in a drift boat before, so that was a new experience and I can
> see why people like it so much. I'm thinking a Subaru Forrester can pull a
> 16' Clackacraft. ;-

Well, most rivers are downhill from where we usually start.... :)

> http://fkmod.com/bc/images/MyLargeBrown.jpg

Pretty fish. Hope you get to catch many more.

JR

~^ beancounter ~^
September 26th, 2005, 03:40 PM
"You never really
realize how much you love
something until you can't do it anymore."

that's for sure......