PDA

View Full Version : where to fish - newport cardiff etc - tide heights

Coach
September 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Hi
I wonder if anyone can tell me where to fish suitable to the height of the
tide. I found a type of map on the net once, showing the marks around
Newport and Cardiff and required heights - anyone have this?
any info appreciated
coach

Likewise
September 25th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Coach wrote:
> Hi
> I wonder if anyone can tell me where to fish suitable to the height
> of the tide. I found a type of map on the net once, showing the
> marks around Newport and Cardiff and required heights - anyone have
> this?
> any info appreciated
> coach

I'd just like to add to that request too. Lived here all my life, but new to
fishing. But in answer to the above, only place I know of so far is the
foreshore, just before the roundabout by the heliport in Cardiff. There's a
patch of concrete just before the roundabout (from the steel works end)
where you park. When you walk over the small bank you see a somewhat
industrialised beach (it's made up of industrial debris). As you look out at
it, you can walk along the left side or right. The left side is extremely
shallow and mainly mud, just below the water, but the right side hides a
deep-ish canal right the way along the shore.See it at low tide anyway to
see how it fishes. Plenty of bass have been caught there, but I have to
admit mine have all been small, but then again that's because I've mainly
been spinning and probably using the wrong lures. Don't bother going right
round to the point as it's very very rocky, although you do get to see the
helicopters take off at close range.

But as I said, any other info on where to fish round here would be great.

Cheers,

Likewise

johnp4455
September 26th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Take a look at this website it,s really helpful.
http://www.worldseafishing.com/

"Coach" > wrote in message
> Hi
> I wonder if anyone can tell me where to fish suitable to the height of the
> tide. I found a type of map on the net once, showing the marks around
> Newport and Cardiff and required heights - anyone have this?
> any info appreciated
> coach

Coach
September 26th, 2005, 11:28 AM
is your car safe there? or better to get dropped off?

"Likewise" > wrote in message
> Coach wrote:
>> Hi
>> I wonder if anyone can tell me where to fish suitable to the height
>> of the tide. I found a type of map on the net once, showing the
>> marks around Newport and Cardiff and required heights - anyone have
>> this?
>> any info appreciated
>> coach
>
> I'd just like to add to that request too. Lived here all my life, but new
> fishing. But in answer to the above, only place I know of so far is the
> foreshore, just before the roundabout by the heliport in Cardiff. There's
> patch of concrete just before the roundabout (from the steel works end)
> where you park. When you walk over the small bank you see a somewhat
> industrialised beach (it's made up of industrial debris). As you look out
> at
> it, you can walk along the left side or right. The left side is extremely
> shallow and mainly mud, just below the water, but the right side hides a
> deep-ish canal right the way along the shore.See it at low tide anyway to
> see how it fishes. Plenty of bass have been caught there, but I have to
> admit mine have all been small, but then again that's because I've mainly
> been spinning and probably using the wrong lures. Don't bother going right
> round to the point as it's very very rocky, although you do get to see the
> helicopters take off at close range.
>
> But as I said, any other info on where to fish round here would be great.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Likewise

Likewise
September 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Coach wrote:
> is your car safe there? or better to get dropped off?

Depends what car I suppose. No one really looks at my old volvo. You can
actually park in the industrial estate further down (just before the
entrance to the dock area), and there is a way through between the
industrial buildings - you'll see it if you go down there. As you turn into
the industrial estate (Foreshore Road) , take your first next left and park
around there (further down is a lovely big sign saying "no access to the
foreshore). . But I've never had any trouble at either place.

Likewise