PDA

View Full Version : Fishing legend dies....

Skwala
September 27th, 2005, 04:50 PM
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/09/27/news/local/news02.txt

George Croonenberghs, right, illustrates a point to actor Brad Pitt during
the filming of the 1992 movie "A River Runs Through It." Croonenberghs, who
died Thursday, tied flies for Norman and Paul Maclean. Pitt played Paul
Maclean in the film.

Tom Nakashima
September 27th, 2005, 06:05 PM
"Skwala" > wrote in message
> http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/09/27/news/local/news02.txt
>
> George Croonenberghs, right, illustrates a point to actor Brad Pitt during
> the filming of the 1992 movie "A River Runs Through It." Croonenberghs,
> who died Thursday, tied flies for Norman and Paul Maclean. Pitt played
> Paul Maclean in the film.

Great write-up on George! Sounds like a great person, I liked the part where
he tied an extra set of flies for use.
I saw the movie a few times, decided to purchase it when it was on sale at
a local shop. I also read Norman Maclean's short story that was based for
the movie. Redford did an outstanding job following the storyline.
-tom

~^ beancounter ~^
September 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
yea, i thought it was a great movie...i liked the dual storyline
btwn the brothers and fly fishing......some great shots and
moments...