PDA

View Full Version : U-fish

Mike Connor
September 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!

http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm

I really do love being out in natural surroundings.

TL
MC

Mike Connor
September 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Oops! Sent the same one twice!

Donīt wish to deprive anybody;

http://www.magiscroft.com/facilities/floodlights.htm

TL
MC

Conan The Librarian
September 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Mike Connor wrote:

> Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!
>
> http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm
>
> I really do love being out in natural surroundings.

If things weren't bad enough, there was this:

> and if the fishing is slow,
> then Graham will entertain you once a day with a blast on his bagpipes

Chuck Vance (that's just wrong)

Ken Fortenberry
September 29th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Mike Connor wrote:
> Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!
>
> http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm

From the web site I see that the proprietor
is Graham Whaite and I imagine the reservations
are handled by his wife Helen Whaite. If ever I
decide to fish there I'll go to Helen Whaite.

;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Scottish Fly Fisher
September 29th, 2005, 07:49 PM
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:16:59 +0200, "Mike Connor"
> wrote:

>Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!
>
>http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm
>
>http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm
>
>I really do love being out in natural surroundings.

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning! ;-)

If you love that, you can come and have a cast or two in my fish tank.
Strictly C&R. Angelfish out of season, because they're spawning.
Permit prices subject to negotiation.

John
http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher
Responsible anglers catch and release.
Lose the barbs or lose the fish!

Scottish Fly Fisher
September 29th, 2005, 07:56 PM
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:25:18 -0500, Conan The Librarian
> wrote:

>Mike Connor wrote:
>
>> Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!
>>
>> http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm
>>
>> I really do love being out in natural surroundings.
>
> If things weren't bad enough, there was this:
>
> > and if the fishing is slow,
> > then Graham will entertain you once a day with a blast on his bagpipes

For once, I'm ashamed to be Scottish.

John
http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher
Responsible anglers catch and release.
Lose the barbs or lose the fish!

Mike Connor
September 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
> Mike Connor wrote:
>> Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!
>>
>> http://www.daytickets.co.uk/beaconview.htm
>
> From the web site I see that the proprietor
> is Graham Whaite and I imagine the reservations
> are handled by his wife Helen Whaite. If ever I
> decide to fish there I'll go to Helen Whaite.
>
> ;-)
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

I rather think I shall endure until it freezes!

TL
MC

Frank Reid
September 29th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Okay, it has flood lights but no night fishing. Do the lights work and
why?

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Mike Connor
September 29th, 2005, 09:35 PM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Okay, it has flood lights but no night fishing. Do the lights work and
> why?
>
> --
> Frank Reid
> Reverse email to reply

Is it wool yarn? And if not why not?

TL
MC

DavidC
October 1st, 2005, 08:53 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher wrote:
> >Mike Connor wrote:
> >> Ah yes! Just my cup of tea I think!
> >>
> >> ...(commercial sport fishery snipped)> >>

> For once, I'm ashamed to be Scottish.

For once, "Only in America" doesn't apply

Thank you Scotland!!

(Actually ... I bet that it does apply here too ... sigh ;-( )
--

-dnc-

Scottish Fly Fisher
October 2nd, 2005, 07:50 AM
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:53:04 -0500, "DavidC" >
wrote:

>Scottish Fly Fisher wrote:

>> For once, I'm ashamed to be Scottish.
>
>For once, "Only in America" doesn't apply
>
>Thank you Scotland!!

Aha! The aforementioned, ear bursting Graham is an emigrant! Wigan is
in England. :-) Actually, he's probably a deportee. After all, that's
just what every frustrated fisherman wants when the fishing is slow...
some numpty chewing on a tartan octopus until it screams. We all know
how that encourages the fish!

>(Actually ... I bet that it does apply here too ... sigh ;-( )

There's not many places that wouldn't fit that particular bill any
more.

John
http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher
Responsible anglers catch and release.
Lose the barbs or lose the fish!

Mike Connor
October 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
"Scottish Fly Fisher" > schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
<SNIP>

> Aha! The aforementioned, ear bursting Graham is an emigrant! Wigan is
> in England. :-) Actually, he's probably a deportee. After all, that's
> just what every frustrated fisherman wants when the fishing is slow...
> some numpty chewing on a tartan octopus until it screams. We all know
> how that encourages the fish!

Could be even worse you know. Some years ago now I fished a lake I wot of. I
had just got settled down to a nice drift on the rudderboard, after a long
row and somewhat tedious preparations, including a rather odd position on
the port gunwhale which allowed me a measure of drift control, and was
fishing and concentrating hard, when an absolutely incredible cacophony
assaulted my eardrums, and I very nearly fell out of the boat.

Rounding a small headland came the origin of this outrage. Three blokes in
another boat, one on the outboard ( which was incidentally not allowed), one
on a banjo, and the last T§$% on a F§$&&%% trombone! Of all the noise
emanating from this weird ensemble the outboard was by far the most pleasant
component.

Appalled by this extremely audible apparition, and no less shocked by the
very sight of it, I lost control of the boat, and very nearly drifted into
some rocks. In the meantime our terrible trio were within hailing distance,
and the bloke on the outboard screamed across at me, "Do you need any
help?".

Showing what I considered to be almost superhuman restraint under the
circumstances, I yelled back. "No thanks!". I rowed disconsolately back to
the boathouse, packed my gear and cleared off sharpish.

Musing on this thread, and considering the implications, I can only be
eternally grateful that it did not occur when I was night fishing for
seatrout, and somebody had also switched the floodlights on! I doubt I
would still be here to tell the tale!

TL
MC

Scottish Fly Fisher
October 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 09:55:06 +0200, "Mike Connor"
> wrote:

>"Scottish Fly Fisher" > schrieb im
>Newsbeitrag ...
><SNIP>
>>
>> Aha! The aforementioned, ear bursting Graham is an emigrant! Wigan is
>> in England. :-) Actually, he's probably a deportee. After all, that's
>> just what every frustrated fisherman wants when the fishing is slow...
>> some numpty chewing on a tartan octopus until it screams. We all know
>> how that encourages the fish!
>>

>Could be even worse you know. Some years ago now I fished a lake I wot of. I
>had just got settled down to a nice drift on the rudderboard, after a long
>row and somewhat tedious preparations, including a rather odd position on
>the port gunwhale which allowed me a measure of drift control, and was
>fishing and concentrating hard, when an absolutely incredible cacophony
>assaulted my eardrums, and I very nearly fell out of the boat.
>
>Rounding a small headland came the origin of this outrage. Three blokes in
>another boat, one on the outboard ( which was incidentally not allowed), one
>on a banjo, and the last T§$% on a F§$&&%% trombone! Of all the noise
>emanating from this weird ensemble the outboard was by far the most pleasant
>component.
>
>Appalled by this extremely audible apparition, and no less shocked by the
>very sight of it, I lost control of the boat, and very nearly drifted into
>some rocks. In the meantime our terrible trio were within hailing distance,
>and the bloke on the outboard screamed across at me, "Do you need any
>help?".
>
>Showing what I considered to be almost superhuman restraint under the
>circumstances, I yelled back. "No thanks!". I rowed disconsolately back to
>the boathouse, packed my gear and cleared off sharpish.
>
>Musing on this thread, and considering the implications, I can only be
>eternally grateful that it did not occur when I was night fishing for
>seatrout, and somebody had also switched the floodlights on! I doubt I
>would still be here to tell the tale!

Isn't it always the case... you never have a torpedo in your tackle
bag when you really need one!

John
http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher
Responsible anglers catch and release.
Lose the barbs or lose the fish!

Fiddleaway
October 3rd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Mike Connor wrote:

> Rounding a small headland came the origin of this outrage. Three blokes in
> another boat, one on the outboard ( which was incidentally not allowed), =
one
> on a banjo, and the last T=A7$% on a F=A7$&&%% trombone! Of all the noise
> emanating from this weird ensemble the outboard was by far the most pleas=
ant
> component.

Surely a renaissance man of your caliber has heard of the Trout Quintet
(by Schubert or was it Schumann? .... oh well, one of the really big
Schu's).

Clearly this trout trio for banjo, trombone and outboard continuo was
inspired by the aforementioned. Or were they coarse fishing .... ah
..=2E. the Coarse Trio, now that sounds more like it!

Mike Connor
October 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
"Fiddleaway" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...

<SNIP>
Surely a renaissance man of your caliber has heard of the Trout Quintet
(by Schubert or was it Schumann? .... oh well, one of the really big
Schu's).

Clearly this trout trio for banjo, trombone and outboard continuo was
inspired by the aforementioned. Or were they coarse fishing .... ah
.... the Coarse Trio, now that sounds more like it!

Renaissance? Well I am middle aged....

Schubert: Quintet, Op. 114 "The Trout" / Sonata, D. 821 "Arpeggione"

Da da da dum da die dum, da da dada da da.............................

Renaissance? Well I am middle aged.... Canīt say I have been culturally
reborn though.

They were not fishing at all, they were apparently merely out to enjoy
nature. Just like the bloke I met this morning on the river with his walkman
playing so loud that he could not hear a word I said. I could hear the
"music" quite a way away, even though he was using earphones.

Now I like this; http://www.offbeat.co.uk/jimimcrae/audio.htm

But there is a time and a place for everything!

TL
MC

Fiddleaway
October 4th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Yes. And the last mentioned only in war as an alternative to the
nuclear option!

I prefer the Uilleann variety myself.

Mike Connor
October 4th, 2005, 12:53 AM
"Fiddleaway" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
> Yes. And the last mentioned only in war as an alternative to the
> nuclear option!
>
> I prefer the Uilleann variety myself.

Me too, as it happens;

http://www.uilleann-pipes.com/mp3files.shtml

but I like them all. I have a set of Northumbrian pipes whicha I play
absolutely abysmally.

TL
MC