PDA

View Full Version : Browns on the Madison?

chas
October 1st, 2005, 03:48 AM
I have an opportunity coming up to drive to Jackson hole to watch a neighbor
kid compete figure skating. A great thing about this is that I can get a
couple days to fish on the Madison for that fall run of browns.

This would probably be around the 10th of October. Is that the right timing,
or will I again be too early?

It's a half baked idea, but the oven is still hot.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Larry L
October 1st, 2005, 04:55 AM
"chas" > wrote

> This would probably be around the 10th of October. Is that the right
> timing,
> or will I again be too early?

as of today, according to Blue Ribbon in West Jellystone

Madison River in the park: Good numbers of lake run trout have arrived.
Shakey beeleys, copper zonkers, red fox squirrel nymphs, and rufus specials
have been working well. Remember these trout are on the move and a run that
had fish yesterday may not today. Move around, fish early, fish late and you
will be rewarded.

Larry L
October 1st, 2005, 04:53 PM
"chas" > wrote

>I have an opportunity coming up to drive to Jackson hole to watch a
>neighbor
> kid compete figure skating. A great thing about this is that I can get a
> couple days to fish on the Madison for that fall run of browns.

The drive from Jackson to the Madison is tedious. Look into the Lewis
Channel ( between the lakes ) it is known for big spawners too in the Fall
and is a lot closer to Jackson

Kevin Vang
October 1st, 2005, 05:32 PM
In article >,
says...

> The drive from Jackson to the Madison is tedious.

You must be pretty damn jaded!

Kevin