PDA

View Full Version : TR: Alaska, Kanektok River

chas
October 4th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.

http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm

As Willi and Steve have already reported, it was a great trip.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Peter A. Collin
October 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
chas wrote:
> Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
> because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
> second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm
>
> As Willi and Steve have already reported, it was a great trip.
>
> Chas
> remove fly fish to e mail directly

Chas, you take the best vacations!

Anthony
October 5th, 2005, 11:05 AM
"chas" > wrote in message
news:1128416333.5b04fa144c1378fa86e8a7db07806e08@t eranews...
> Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
> because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
> second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.

That was awesome! I've seen pictures of Alaska in magazines and heard
stories from my g-father when he was stationed up there back in the 40's.
Just never gets old. Nice pictures Chas

chas
October 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I have two pages up now, the first half is the link I posted,
http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm
The second half is:
http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok2/index.htm

Soon I'll put links on each of there to the other page.

"Anthony" > wrote:

>"chas" > wrote in message
>news:1128416333.5b04fa144c1378fa86e8a7db07806e08@t eranews...
>> Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
>> because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
>> second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.
>>
>That was awesome! I've seen pictures of Alaska in magazines and heard
>stories from my g-father when he was stationed up there back in the 40's.
>Just never gets old. Nice pictures Chas

Thanks Anthony,

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Willi
October 5th, 2005, 04:09 PM
chas wrote:
> I have two pages up now, the first half is the link I posted,
> http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm
> The second half is:
> http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok2/index.htm
>
> Soon I'll put links on each of there to the other page.
>
> Chas
> remove fly fish to e mail directly

Cool shots! I especially like the one you got with the Silver taking
your fly.

Willi

rw
October 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Willi wrote:

> Cool shots! I especially like the one you got with the Silver taking
> your fly.

I agree. Good job, Chas.

chas
October 6th, 2005, 09:27 PM
rw > wrote:
>Willi wrote:
>>
>> Cool shots! I especially like the one you got with the Silver taking
>> your fly.
>
>I agree. Good job, Chas.

Thanks guys, we need to do this again...

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Jarmo Hurri
October 7th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Nice. A quick question: since you were sleeping in tents, did you have
to take some extra precautions against the bears ?

--
Jarmo Hurri

Commercial email countermeasures included in header email
address. Remove all garbage from header email address when replying,
or just use .

chas
October 8th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Jarmo Hurri > wrote:

>Nice. A quick question: since you were sleeping in tents, did you have
>to take some extra precautions against the bears ?

I'm not sure anyone would refer to the precautions as "extra". We had bear
spray in each tent, and we kept the food and cooking away from the tents. This
could be a seed for a long thread about bears, suffice it to say we saw sign on
every single foot of the bank but we only saw one bear and he took off when
Willi shouted "bear!" to alert my dull mind to his presence.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

riverman
October 16th, 2005, 05:50 PM
>Thanks guys, we need to do this again...

>Chas

Yeah, and bring me along next time.

Your pictures made me very reminiscent of the trips I did up there
about 10-12 years ago. I'm very envious of your trip, and I don't get
envious very easily... Damn nice pics!

--riverman

chas
October 21st, 2005, 05:18 AM
"riverman" > wrote:
>>Thanks guys, we need to do this again...
>
>>Chas
>
>Yeah, and bring me along next time.
>
>Your pictures made me very reminiscent of the trips I did up there
>about 10-12 years ago. I'm very envious of your trip, and I don't get
>envious very easily... Damn nice pics!
>
>--riverman

You'd be most welcome, particularly if you bring along something that passes
for protection in Africa!

Chas

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

chas
October 21st, 2005, 05:19 AM
Jeff Miller > wrote:
>chas wrote:
>
>> Well, it's just a photo essay. Right now only half the pictures show up
>> because I ran into a limitation on the web site. I think I need to have a
>> second site for the rest of them, but I haven't worked that out yet.
>>
>> http://home.comcast.net/~kanektok/index.htm
>>
>> As Willi and Steve have already reported, it was a great trip.
>>
>> Chas
>> remove fly fish to e mail directly
>>

>for those who question the value of this place, your photos are among
>the overwhelming evidence that oughta silence the silly query. thanks...
>
>jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Wolfgang
October 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
"chas" > wrote in message
news:1129868310.de5b6a5158e843f65025a85f46415cf1@t eranews...
> "riverman" > wrote:
>>>Thanks guys, we need to do this again...
>>
>>>Chas
>>
>>Yeah, and bring me along next time.
>>
>>Your pictures made me very reminiscent of the trips I did up there
>>about 10-12 years ago. I'm very envious of your trip, and I don't get
>>envious very easily... Damn nice pics!
>>
>>--riverman
>>

> You'd be most welcome, particularly if you bring along something that
> passes
> for protection in Africa!
>
> Chas

http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__att259--259168-,cat_id--23000700.html

Wolfgang
who hastens to add that avoidance is still the best protection. if you
stick your head in the lion's mouth........ :)