PDA

View Full Version : Fish ID

jim
October 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Anyone tell me what this is ? Wrasse ? I caught it on the west
coast of Ireland.

jim
October 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Duh...

http://www.xxxxx.uku.co.uk/orange.jpg

Christopher Wildman
October 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Yes, a Ballan Wrasse.....

Next.....

"jim" > wrote in message
> Duh...
>
> http://www.xxxxx.uku.co.uk/orange.jpg

Steve Walker
October 4th, 2005, 10:11 AM
In message >, jim
> writes
>Anyone tell me what this is ? Wrasse ? I caught it on the west
>coast of Ireland.

It's a ballan wrasse.

--
Steve Walker

jim
October 4th, 2005, 10:45 AM
"Christopher Wildman" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Yes, a Ballan Wrasse.....
>
> Next.....

Ahh, so they come in all colours ?

reg
October 4th, 2005, 06:44 PM
"jim" > wrote in message
> Anyone tell me what this is ? Wrasse ? I caught it on the west
> coast of Ireland.

its a film extra from Finding Nemo ;o)

Christopher Wildman
October 4th, 2005, 09:04 PM
"jim" > wrote in message

> "Christopher Wildman" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> Yes, a Ballan Wrasse.....
>>
>> Next.....
>

> Ahh, so they come in all colours ?

Mostly an olive green or red like yours.

Eric The Viking
October 4th, 2005, 09:05 PM
"reg" > wrote in message

> "jim" > wrote in message
>> Anyone tell me what this is ? Wrasse ? I caught it on the west
>> coast of Ireland.
>>

> its a film extra from Finding Nemo ;o)

You don't know your Wrasse from your elbow ;-)

ETV

Ian Sutherland
October 5th, 2005, 06:54 AM
jim wrote:
> Anyone tell me what this is ? Wrasse ? I caught it on the west
> coast of Ireland.

Anyone know the difference between these two coloured wrasse (orange,
green)? I've never seen this one before.

Ian

reg
October 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
"Eric The Viking" > wrote in message

> "reg" > wrote in message
> >
> > "jim" > wrote in message
> >> Anyone tell me what this is ? Wrasse ? I caught it on the west
> >> coast of Ireland.
> >>

> > its a film extra from Finding Nemo ;o)
> >

> You don't know your Wrasse from your elbow ;-)

lol very good :o)

Eric The Viking
October 8th, 2005, 06:26 PM
"reg" > wrote in message

> "Eric The Viking" > wrote in message

>> > its a film extra from Finding Nemo ;o)
>> >

>> You don't know your Wrasse from your elbow ;-)
>>

> lol very good :o)

;-)

Keith M
October 9th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I think the diference is Purple -
Orange = Red + Yellow
Green = Blue + Yellow
so remove the common element (yellow) and you are left with Red + Blue =
Purple or something.

I'm off to take my medication

Night all

Keith m