PDA

View Full Version : FS: Bamboo Rod

Peter A. Collin
October 11th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Hello All,

I have a bamboo rod I would like to sell. It was built by my friend Joe
Perrigo who made "Genesee Valley Rods" for several years. It is an
early example of his work - a 2 piece, one tip 7 foot 3/4 weight. A
well made rod, just not as pretty as his later rods. I am selling it
because I decided that I do not care for short rods. I fish bigger
streams generally and like the reach. I am asking for $200 and will
guarantee it. Comes with sleeve and metal tube. email me at
for pictures if you are interested.

Peter Collin

Daniel-San
October 12th, 2005, 12:10 AM
"Peter A. Collin" wrote ...
> Hello All,
>
> I have a bamboo rod I would like to sell. It was built by my friend Joe
> Perrigo who made "Genesee Valley Rods" for several years. It is an
> early example of his work - a 2 piece, one tip 7 foot 3/4 weight. A
> well made rod, just not as pretty as his later rods. I am selling it
> because I decided that I do not care for short rods. I fish bigger
> streams generally and like the reach. I am asking for $200 and will
> guarantee it. Comes with sleeve and metal tube. email me at
> for pictures if you are interested.
>
> Peter Collin

You have mail.

Thanks,
Dan

daytripper
October 12th, 2005, 02:02 AM
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:57:22 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I have a bamboo rod I would like to sell. It was built by my friend Joe
>Perrigo who made "Genesee Valley Rods" for several years. It is an
>early example of his work - a 2 piece, one tip 7 foot 3/4 weight. A
>well made rod, just not as pretty as his later rods. I am selling it
>because I decided that I do not care for short rods. I fish bigger
>streams generally and like the reach. I am asking for $200 and will
>guarantee it. Comes with sleeve and metal tube. email me at
for pictures if you are interested.

>Peter Collin

Sounds like the prototypical North Carolina "eeensy weensy teeny little weenie
trout stream" rod...

/daytripper (and you can quote me ;-)

riverman
October 12th, 2005, 02:34 AM
daytripper wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:57:22 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >
> >I have a bamboo rod I would like to sell. It was built by my friend Joe
> >Perrigo who made "Genesee Valley Rods" for several years. It is an
> >early example of his work - a 2 piece, one tip 7 foot 3/4 weight. A
> >well made rod, just not as pretty as his later rods. I am selling it
> >because I decided that I do not care for short rods. I fish bigger
> >streams generally and like the reach. I am asking for $200 and will
> >guarantee it. Comes with sleeve and metal tube. email me at
> for pictures if you are interested.
> >
> >Peter Collin
>
> Sounds like the prototypical North Carolina "eeensy weensy teeny little weenie
> trout stream" rod...

Did I read that right? A 2-piece, 7-foot, 3/4 (not ONE, not ZERO, but
THREE-QUARTER) weight rod?

Yowsa, how do you distinguish a 1-wt, a 0-wt and a 3/4 wt?

--riverman

Tim Lysyk
October 12th, 2005, 02:40 AM
riverman wrote:
> daytripper wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:57:22 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:
>>

>>>Hello All,
>>>
>>>I have a bamboo rod I would like to sell. It was built by my friend Joe
>>>Perrigo who made "Genesee Valley Rods" for several years. It is an
>>>early example of his work - a 2 piece, one tip 7 foot 3/4 weight. A
>>>well made rod, just not as pretty as his later rods. I am selling it
>>>because I decided that I do not care for short rods. I fish bigger
>>>streams generally and like the reach. I am asking for $200 and will
>>>guarantee it. Comes with sleeve and metal tube. email me at
for pictures if you are interested.

>>>Peter Collin
>>
>>Sounds like the prototypical North Carolina "eeensy weensy teeny little weenie
>>trout stream" rod...
>>

> Did I read that right? A 2-piece, 7-foot, 3/4 (not ONE, not ZERO, but
> THREE-QUARTER) weight rod?
>
> Yowsa, how do you distinguish a 1-wt, a 0-wt and a 3/4 wt?
>
> --riverman

A 3/4 weight is a rod that is rated for either a three weight or a four
weight line.

Tim Lysyk

Mike Connor
October 12th, 2005, 02:44 AM
"riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
<SNIP>
> Did I read that right? A 2-piece, 7-foot, 3/4 (not ONE, not ZERO, but
> THREE-QUARTER) weight rod?
>
> Yowsa, how do you distinguish a 1-wt, a 0-wt and a 3/4 wt?
>
> --riverman

A 3/4 on such a rod normally means that the rod will cast a #3 DT or a #4
WF equally well.

TL
MC

daytripper
October 12th, 2005, 05:04 AM
On 11 Oct 2005 18:34:02 -0700, "riverman" > wrote:

>daytripper wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:57:22 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Hello All,
>> >
>> >I have a bamboo rod I would like to sell. It was built by my friend Joe
>> >Perrigo who made "Genesee Valley Rods" for several years. It is an
>> >early example of his work - a 2 piece, one tip 7 foot 3/4 weight. A
>> >well made rod, just not as pretty as his later rods. I am selling it
>> >because I decided that I do not care for short rods. I fish bigger
>> >streams generally and like the reach. I am asking for $200 and will
>> >guarantee it. Comes with sleeve and metal tube. email me at
>> for pictures if you are interested.
>> >
>> >Peter Collin
>>
>> Sounds like the prototypical North Carolina "eeensy weensy teeny little weenie
>> trout stream" rod...
>>

>Did I read that right? A 2-piece, 7-foot, 3/4 (not ONE, not ZERO, but
>THREE-QUARTER) weight rod?
>
>Yowsa, how do you distinguish a 1-wt, a 0-wt and a 3/4 wt?
>
>--riverman

First, one must be equipped with a clue...then all becomes clear ;-)

/daytripper
(Why are they called "pre-requisites", anyway?
Shouldn't they just be "requisites"?)

riverman
October 12th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Tim Lysyk wrote:
> riverman wrote:
> > daytripper wrote:

> for pictures if you are interested.

> >>Sounds like the prototypical North Carolina "eeensy weensy teeny little weenie
> >>trout stream" rod...
> >>

> > Did I read that right? A 2-piece, 7-foot, 3/4 (not ONE, not ZERO, but
> > THREE-QUARTER) weight rod?
> >
> > Yowsa, how do you distinguish a 1-wt, a 0-wt and a 3/4 wt?
> >
> > --riverman
> >

> A 3/4 weight is a rod that is rated for either a three weight or a four
> weight line.

Oh...
(short pause)

Well, that sure explains why my 6/7 weight rod has been casting so
poorly.

-riverman

Mike Connor
October 12th, 2005, 06:59 AM
"riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
<SNIP>
> Well, that sure explains why my 6/7 weight rod has been casting so
> poorly.
>
> -riverman

Of course, the description should read #6/#7.

TL
MC

W. D. Grey
October 12th, 2005, 10:37 PM
In article >, Mike Connor
> writes
>
>"riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
><SNIP>
>> Well, that sure explains why my 6/7 weight rod has been casting so
>> poorly.
>>
>> -riverman
>>

>Of course, the description should read #6/#7.
>
>TL
>MC

Did you have to spoil the fun Mike?....:-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Mike Connor
October 12th, 2005, 10:46 PM
"W. D. Grey" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>>
>>Of course, the description should read #6/#7.
>>
>>TL
>>MC
>
> Did you have to spoil the fun Mike?....:-)
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

Sorry Bill! Perhaps it would have been interesting to here from Myron where
he bought his six-sevenths of a fly line?

TL
MC

JR
October 12th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Mike Connor wrote:
> "W. D. Grey" > schrieb
>>
>>Did you have to spoil the fun Mike?....:-)
>
> Sorry Bill! Perhaps it would have been interesting to here from Myron where
> he bought his six-sevenths of a fly line?

Buy? Better to make it yourself: just lop off the front 4.3 ft of a
1wt line (14.3%, or one-seventh, of the first 30 feet). <g>

JR

daytripper
October 13th, 2005, 01:25 AM
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:59:41 +0200, "Mike Connor" >
wrote:

>"riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
><SNIP>
>> Well, that sure explains why my 6/7 weight rod has been casting so
>> poorly.
>>
>> -riverman
>>

>Of course, the description should read #6/#7.

Only if you feel the need to dummy down the obvious...

Tim J.
October 13th, 2005, 01:38 AM
daytripper wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:59:41 +0200, "Mike Connor"
> > wrote:
>

>> "riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> ups.com...
>> <SNIP>
>>> Well, that sure explains why my 6/7 weight rod has been casting so
>>> poorly.
>>>
>>> -riverman
>>>

>> Of course, the description should read #6/#7.
>
> Only if you feel the need to dummy down the obvious...

"No fly fishermen left behind"
--
HTH,
Tim

W. D. Grey
October 13th, 2005, 07:18 PM
In article >, JR > writes
>Mike Connor wrote:
>> "W. D. Grey" > schrieb
>>>
>>>Did you have to spoil the fun Mike?....:-)
>> Sorry Bill! Perhaps it would have been interesting to here from
>>Myron where he bought his six-sevenths of a fly line?
>
>Buy? Better to make it yourself: just lop off the front 4.3 ft of a
>1wt line (14.3%, or one-seventh, of the first 30 feet). <g>
>
>JR

Our local angling store advertised his rods in a sale as 10% off. I
expected the 10 footers to be sold as 9 footers !
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk