PDA

View Full Version : ( FS) Wind Anchor

Ken Fortenberry
October 17th, 2005, 05:21 PM
mark tinsky wrote:
> I was sitting in Frenchy s this morning ...
> <snip>
> He didn t know exactly how to take this and went back to
> drinking his coffee......

Redneck "humor". How quaint.

--
Ken Fortenberry

mark tinsky
October 17th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I was sitting in Frenchy s this morning in Wolf Creek, MT eating
my customary daily breakfast. Afterwards I sat at the counter for a
bit and chat with the owners Annalyn and Tim.

She asked me if I had heard the wind last night. ( It s been blowing
pretty good here for the last 2 days) I said I didnt but eyeing a
table of evesdropping fisherman I said I heard the wind was supposed
to get up to 50 -60 mph today.....

Tim and I talked about the Sox , he s originally from Chicago and
how they will match up with the Astros , who I think will take the
National league Pennant, when one of the erstwhile fisherman took the
bait and chimed in ," Will the wind really get that high today."

Annalyne started to laugh and her big green eyes sparkled with
amusement. I turned to the guy and said," You know I make the
perfect solution for fishing on the river on days like this."

He says "yeah what is it?"

I told him it was a personal wind anchor, which consists of a
cinderblock with a 4 ft chain wrapped around it ending in a
large carabiner which could be hooked and clipped around a wading
belt for just $25.

He didn t know exactly how to take this and went back to
drinking his coffee......

MT