PDA

View Full Version : Serious Anglers sought for feedback on Interactive fishing hotspot map

October 20th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Dear Flyfishing Enthusiast,

Northern California contains some of the worlds best trout and salmon
fishing.

As a free public service, the Redding Record Searchlight is developing
an interactive Northern California fishing report map. The initial
version is online at http://fishmap.redding.com.

Fishing conditions for major lakes, streams and sal****er locations is
collected weekly from the good folks at Western Outdoor News. The
reports are fed into a Macromedia Flash map of the North State. Each
week, the best fishing sites show up in red, the excellent spots in
purple, and good spots in blue. A mouse over the spot reveals details
such as what the fish are biting. Contact info for local bait and fly
shops pops up when you click.

Even if you do not fish in this region, we would be most grateful if
you would review this tool and submit feedback and suggestions either
to this forum or to .

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Don Rowlett, Interactive Fishmap Editor
Record Searchlight
(530) 225-8346

BJ Conner
October 20th, 2005, 09:47 PM
wrote:
> Dear Flyfishing Enthusiast,
>
> Northern California contains some of the worlds best trout and salmon
> fishing.
>
> As a free public service, the Redding Record Searchlight is developing
> an interactive Northern California fishing report map. The initial
> version is online at http://fishmap.redding.com.
>
> Fishing conditions for major lakes, streams and sal****er locations is
> collected weekly from the good folks at Western Outdoor News. The
> reports are fed into a Macromedia Flash map of the North State. Each
> week, the best fishing sites show up in red, the excellent spots in
> purple, and good spots in blue. A mouse over the spot reveals details
> such as what the fish are biting. Contact info for local bait and fly
> shops pops up when you click.
>
> Even if you do not fish in this region, we would be most grateful if
> you would review this tool and submit feedback and suggestions either
> to this forum or to .
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Don Rowlett, Interactive Fishmap Editor
> Record Searchlight
> (530) 225-8346

Pretty Lame.
The one I use up here automatically downloads the GPS coordinates into
the navigational unit in the Escalade. It marks the Starbucks,
reststops and flyshops along the way.

BJ Conner
October 20th, 2005, 09:49 PM
wrote:
> Dear Flyfishing Enthusiast,
>
> Northern California contains some of the worlds best trout and salmon
> fishing.
>
> As a free public service, the Redding Record Searchlight is developing
> an interactive Northern California fishing report map. The initial
> version is online at http://fishmap.redding.com.
>
> Fishing conditions for major lakes, streams and sal****er locations is
> collected weekly from the good folks at Western Outdoor News. The
> reports are fed into a Macromedia Flash map of the North State. Each
> week, the best fishing sites show up in red, the excellent spots in
> purple, and good spots in blue. A mouse over the spot reveals details
> such as what the fish are biting. Contact info for local bait and fly
> shops pops up when you click.
>
> Even if you do not fish in this region, we would be most grateful if
> you would review this tool and submit feedback and suggestions either
> to this forum or to .
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Don Rowlett, Interactive Fishmap Editor
> Record Searchlight
> (530) 225-8346

Pretty Lame.
The one I use up here automatically downloads the GPS coordinates into
the navigational unit in the Escalade. It marks the Starbucks,
reststops and flyshops along the way.

Wayne Harrison
October 20th, 2005, 09:56 PM
"BJ Conner" > wrote

> Pretty Lame.
> The one I use up here automatically downloads the GPS coordinates into
> the navigational unit in the Escalade. It marks the Starbucks,
> reststops and flyshops along the way.

hell, mine even double posts.

yfitons
wayno(but i *do* have to pay a little extra. a little extra.)

Larry L
October 20th, 2005, 10:02 PM
> wrote

> Northern California contains some of the worlds best trout and salmon
> fishing.

and the LAST thing it needs is more people promoting them .... a pox on the
Redding Record Searchlight, the Redding Flyshop, that damn intersection at
Cypress and I-5

P.S. And I'm in a good mood, I just bought my birthday present .... think
what I'd say to your #%&*^%$#!# promotion if I was feeling grumpy

BJ Conner
October 20th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> "BJ Conner" > wrote
>
> > Pretty Lame.
> > The one I use up here automatically downloads the GPS coordinates into
> > the navigational unit in the Escalade. It marks the Starbucks,
> > reststops and flyshops along the way.
> >

> hell, mine even double posts.
>
> yfitons
> wayno(but i *do* have to pay a little extra. a little extra.)

I have it programed to send two. Ones for the GPS on the Palm, in case
we take your car.

October 21st, 2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback BJ. Would you be so kind as to provide info on
the version you use up there? I would like to evaluate it.

Don

BJ Conner wrote:
> The one I use up here automatically downloads the GPS coordinates into
> the navigational unit in the Escalade. It marks the Starbucks,
> reststops and flyshops along the way.

Wolfgang
October 21st, 2005, 02:59 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for the feedback BJ. Would you be so kind as to provide info on
> the version you use up there? I would like to evaluate it.

He uses the same one as the rest of us........ROFF.

Wolfgang
evaluate this.

B J Conner
October 21st, 2005, 06:20 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Thanks for the feedback BJ. Would you be so kind as to provide info on
> > the version you use up there? I would like to evaluate it.
>
> He uses the same one as the rest of us........ROFF.
>
> Wolfgang
> evaluate this.

There's stuff about fishing on ROFF??
I'll have to start reading it more carefully.