PDA

View Full Version : PADDLE BOAT?

Lionel F. Stevenson
October 21st, 2005, 01:24 PM
It seems to me that a paddle boat, (such as one sees at amusement or water
parks), would be good for fishing in quiet lakes or ponds.
has anyone heard of this?

-- Lionel

Mike Connor
October 21st, 2005, 01:37 PM
"Lionel F. Stevenson" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> It seems to me that a paddle boat, (such as one sees at amusement or water
> parks), would be good for fishing in quiet lakes or ponds.
> has anyone heard of this?
>
> -- Lionel

http://www.islander-pontoon-boats.com/

http://www.seacycle.biz/

There are many more.

TL
MC

BJ Conner
October 21st, 2005, 04:45 PM
Lionel F. Stevenson wrote:
> It seems to me that a paddle boat, (such as one sees at amusement or water
> parks), would be good for fishing in quiet lakes or ponds.
> has anyone heard of this?
>
> -- Lionel

They were sellling something like these at the local Cosco this summer.
I think they would work Ok. They were cheaper than a lot of the
infatable pontoon boats.
http://www.bwmarineproducts.com/contour_pedal_boats.htm

I saw someone fishing from one over at Hosmer lake and it seemed to
work.
I may get one next year, my wife can paddle, read and catch rays while
I fish.

JR
October 22nd, 2005, 04:11 AM
Lionel F. Stevenson wrote:
> It seems to me that a paddle boat, (such as one sees at amusement or water
> parks), would be good for fishing in quiet lakes or ponds.
> has anyone heard of this?

There some reason you can't use small letters in your subject lines,
rather than all caps?

Daniel-San
October 23rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
"Lionel F. Stevenson" wrote ...
| It seems to me that a paddle boat, (such as one sees at amusement or water
| parks), would be good for fishing in quiet lakes or ponds.
| has anyone heard of this?
|
| -- Lionel

Buddy of mine uses one when he fishes the in-laws' lake. He prefers it to a
row boat (no motors allowed on the lake), because he can move and cast at
the same time.

YMMV.....

Dan

riverman
October 23rd, 2005, 04:29 PM
I've tried them in Congo on a lake, flyfishing. It sucked horribly. The
line gets tangled on all the interior rigging, and the particular one I
was using had a bicycle chain and sprocket assembly that was all
greasy, and I was paranoid about getting my fly line into it. You
pretty much have to reel in everything with each cast, and 'strip,
cast, strip, cast' to get the line out. Forget playing a fish off of
anything except the reel.

I think it would only be good for bait- or spoonchucking.

--riverman