PDA

View Full Version : Bonefish fishing in the Bahamas

justahunter
October 22nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
I've looked at the previous emails and can find nothing current on
flyfishing the Bahamas for bonefish. I've fished for them in the past
near baleize and Asscention Bay. I've heard and read that the Bahamas
have some good bone fishing and am gathering information. Any
information good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks.

bmbmd
October 23rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
justahunter wrote:
> I've looked at the previous emails and can find nothing current on
> flyfishing the Bahamas for bonefish. I've fished for them in the past
> near baleize and Asscention Bay. I've heard and read that the Bahamas
> have some good bone fishing and am gathering information. Any
> information good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have fished Crooked Island a couple of times

http://www.buccaneertravel.com/index.html

and recommend them highly. Clean rooms, fabulous food, wonderful warm
people. If you are a drinkin' man, stay at the Pittstown Point Lodge.
If a teetotaller, try the Scavella operation. We caught fish every
day, some days as many as thirty. My personal best was about nine
pounds. It's awfully hard to get there, though-you have to overnight in
Nassau.

justahunter
October 24th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Thank You for the information. It's what I'm looking for and the prices
seem good. Now to get from Nassua