PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back :)

Richard Cook
October 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Hi all,
I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when people
such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and others
obviously!) used to post.

I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK I
have not had access to these newsgroups.

Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move went
well Mike).

I'm looking forward to posting again.

Regards,

Chris Cook

Wolfgang
October 22nd, 2005, 06:57 PM
"Richard Cook" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when people
> such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and
> others
> obviously!) used to post.
>
> I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK I
> have not had access to these newsgroups.
>
> Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move went
> well Mike).
>
> I'm looking forward to posting again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Cook

Welcome back. With Mike's recent return, all of us except George are still
posting. George won't be back.

Wolfgang
who would bet a shiny new nickel on it.

Richard Cook
October 22nd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome Wolfgang,
I heard about George's death - I know he had a few enemies on here and no
doubt other places but it is always sad to see a contributor passing away.

He never did send me that free GG goody pack though!

Cheers,

Chris

"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Richard Cook" > wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when
people
> > such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and
> > others
> > obviously!) used to post.
> >
> > I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK
> > have not had access to these newsgroups.
> >
> > Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move
went
> > well Mike).
> >
> > I'm looking forward to posting again.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris Cook
>
> Welcome back. With Mike's recent return, all of us except George are
still
> posting. George won't be back.
>
> Wolfgang
> who would bet a shiny new nickel on it.

GaryM
October 22nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
"Richard Cook" > wrote in news:j5v6f.9874
:

> Cheers,
>
> Chris

So is it Chris or Richard?

Ralph Heidecke
October 22nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
I got promised one of those as well ... I guess George just kept to busy to
fulfill every little committment. In the years I potsed here as "RalphH" I
received many emails from George that were filled with entertaining fishing
stories - none of that BS and huckersterism most hated - just good stories.
It's a shame those are all gone.

"Richard Cook" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the welcome Wolfgang,
> I heard about George's death - I know he had a few enemies on here and no
> doubt other places but it is always sad to see a contributor passing away.
>
> He never did send me that free GG goody pack though!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Richard Cook" > wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> > I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when
> people
>> > such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and
>> > others
>> > obviously!) used to post.
>> >
>> > I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the
>> > UK
>> > have not had access to these newsgroups.
>> >
>> > Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move
> went
>> > well Mike).
>> >
>> > I'm looking forward to posting again.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Chris Cook
>>
>> Welcome back. With Mike's recent return, all of us except George are
> still
>> posting. George won't be back.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>> who would bet a shiny new nickel on it.

Richard Cook
October 22nd, 2005, 07:23 PM
It's Chris - I used to have this problem even when I used to post!
I can't work out how to change the display name on the messages I'm sending
(don't ask!).
I'll have a wee play around tonight and try and fix it once and for all!

Cheers,

Chris

"GaryM" > wrote in message
74.103...
> "Richard Cook" > wrote in news:j5v6f.9874
> :
>
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Chris
>
> So is it Chris or Richard?

Mike Connor
October 22nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
"Richard Cook" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all,
> I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when people
> such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and
> others
> obviously!) used to post.
>
> I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK I
> have not had access to these newsgroups.
>
> Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move went
> well Mike).
>
> I'm looking forward to posting again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Cook

Hi Chris,
welcome back. I have been posting here for a little while now as well.
Since I got a flat rate DSL connection it is a lot easier and cheaper!

I did not move to Ireland. Proved impractical. Still in Germany.

TL
MC

asadi
October 23rd, 2005, 01:35 AM
tools-accounts. news tab-properties..

:) john

"Richard Cook" > wrote in message
> It's Chris - I used to have this problem even when I used to post!
> I can't work out how to change the display name on the messages I'm
> sending
> (don't ask!).
> I'll have a wee play around tonight and try and fix it once and for all!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> "GaryM" > wrote in message
> 74.103...
>> "Richard Cook" > wrote in news:j5v6f.9874
>> :
>>
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Chris
>>
>> So is it Chris or Richard?

Chris Cook
October 23rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Hi John,
thanks for the tip - easy when you know how!
Hopefully that is sorted now!

Cheers,

Chris

.. .