PDA

View Full Version : OT- Quiz

BJ Conner
October 25th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Today is ???

Mike Connor
October 25th, 2005, 04:11 PM
"BJ Conner" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
> Today is ???

Tuesday, in quite a few places. Yesterday is no longer in quite a few
places, and tomorrow may never be.

TL
MC

Daniel-San
October 25th, 2005, 04:34 PM
"BJ Conner" wrote ...
> Today is ???

Hmmm.... lesseee here...

The anniversary of the Bolshevik revolution?

The anniversary of Billy Buck's error?

James Carville's BDay? Minnie Pearl's? Klaus Barbie's?

Just having fun with Wikipedia....

Dan

Tim J.
October 25th, 2005, 04:53 PM
BJ Conner typed:
> Today is ???

International Ask A Silly Question In Usenet Day?
--
TL,
Tim

BJ Conner
October 25th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Thats everyday here.

BJ Conner
October 25th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Thats everyday here.

Tim J.
October 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
BJ Conner typed:
>Tim J. typed:
>>BJ Conner typed:
>>> Today is ???

>> International Ask A Silly Question In Usenet Day?
> Thats everyday here.

Okay. Second guess: The First Day of the Rest of Your Life?

C'mon BJ. Throw us a freakin' bone!
--
TL,
Tim

riverman
October 25th, 2005, 05:25 PM
http://www.answers.com/topic/october-25

--riverman
(The day Bill Buckner lost the 1986 World Series to the Yankees)

rw
October 25th, 2005, 05:26 PM
BJ Conner wrote:
> Today is ???

The third anniversary of Sen. Paul Wellstone's death.

Gary M
October 25th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Enjoy:

http://imdb.com/OnThisDay?day=25&month=October&x=21&y=12

Frank Reid
October 25th, 2005, 06:01 PM
The birthday of Croatian paleontologist, Dragutin Gorjanovic-Kramberger?

--
Frank Reid
Euthanize to respond

BJ Conner
October 25th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Frank Reid wrote:
> The birthday of Croatian paleontologist, Dragutin Gorjanovic-Kramberger?
>
> --
> Frank Reid
> Euthanize to respond

The answer I got when I ask someone this AM was:

"Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day"

I won't play this game again tomorrow. It was not a loss as I did
learn that Jame Carville is a movie star.

Mike Connor
October 25th, 2005, 08:19 PM
"BJ Conner" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
<SNIP>
> The answer I got when I ask someone this AM was:
>
> "Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
> But he'll remember, with advantages,
> What feats he did that day"

Henry V. Often referred to as "St Crispins Day".

But most forget, and not only the old men. A stirring speech though.

TL
MC

Wayne Knight
October 26th, 2005, 01:20 AM
"riverman" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.answers.com/topic/october-25
>
> (The day Bill Buckner lost the 1986 World Series to the Yankees)

I believe it was nearly impossible for Bill Buckner to lose the 1986 World
Series to the Yankees. Are you a graduate of the Dave LaCourse/John Kerry
school of Red Sox fandum?

William Claspy
October 26th, 2005, 01:54 PM
On 10/25/05 3:19 PM, in article , "Mike
Connor" > wrote:

> "BJ Conner" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> oups.com...
> <SNIP>
>> The answer I got when I ask someone this AM was:
>>
>> "Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
>> But he'll remember, with advantages,
>> What feats he did that day"
>>
> Henry V. Often referred to as "St Crispins Day".
>
> But most forget, and not only the old men. A stirring speech though.

And actually not completely OT, as said speech was invoked one day in May a
year and a half ago, in the hallowed hills of Hemlock Acres, above the banks
of Penns Creek. Among the literati of the tenters, of course.

Bill

Bob Patton
October 27th, 2005, 01:43 AM
"William Claspy" > wrote in message
//snip//>
> And actually not completely OT, as said speech was invoked one day in May
> year and a half ago, in the hallowed hills of Hemlock Acres, above the
> banks
> of Penns Creek. Among the literati of the tenters, of course.

A year and a half ago!!!
damned arrivistes . . . :)

The Henry V speech about the Battle of Agincourt was used here at least
three years ago when three heroes strode intrepidly up to Bone Creek just "
because it was there".

--
Bob Patton
(remove hat to respond)