PDA

View Full Version : Penn's.....season's end

Thomas Littleton
October 31st, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well, folks, it was time to head up to Coburn and shut down operations for
the season. I joined Handyman Mike and his able pal Brian, and in between
tidying up and packing up, we fished a bit.
Penn's has come up a bit from recent rains(and a snowfall), but the water
was a wee bit chilly. Of course, neither Mike or I had brought our
thermometers, so I will guess low 40's for the water temp. Bugs were few and
very far between, so it was streamer fishing. Three glorious days of
wrenching our arms out of their sockets pitching 2 to 3 inch long creations
repeatedly. A few fish did respond, and Mike ended the fishing with a fine
rainbow at the end of the Special Regs area. I was a fine, although peculiar
season of trout fishing at Penn's......in all sorts of conditons, the river
proved full of fish, all year long. Now, it is time to tie flies, and wait
until the spring Grannom hatches.
Tom
p.s. Oh yes, I have a big fish story, but that will be the other thread.....

Frank Reid
October 31st, 2005, 11:57 PM
> Well, folks, it was time to head up to Coburn and shut down operations for
> the season. I joined Handyman Mike and his able pal Brian, and in between
> tidying up and packing up, we fished a bit.
> Penn's has come up a bit from recent rains(and a snowfall), but the water
> was a wee bit chilly. Of course, neither Mike or I had brought our
> thermometers, so I will guess low 40's for the water temp. Bugs were few
> and
> very far between, so it was streamer fishing. Three glorious days of
> wrenching our arms out of their sockets pitching 2 to 3 inch long
> creations
> repeatedly. A few fish did respond, and Mike ended the fishing with a fine
> rainbow at the end of the Special Regs area.

I was wondering how the trip went. Hopefully, this is a week late, right?
It was not this last weekend. Please tell me it was the 20-22 of Oct.

>I was a fine, although peculiar
> season of trout fishing at Penn's......in all sorts of conditons, the
> river
> proved full of fish, all year long. Now, it is time to tie flies, and wait
> until the spring Grannom hatches.

Tying a super secret fly I dun heard about just for that hatch.

> Tom
> p.s. Oh yes, I have a big fish story, but that will be the other
> thread.....

Do tell, do tell!

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Thomas Littleton
November 1st, 2005, 12:07 AM
"Frank Reid" <ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf> wrote in message

> Please tell me it was the 20-22 of Oct.

OK, I'll tell you that....although it was Oct. 27-30.......Mike and I got
delayed a week each from the original plan......

Tom

Frank Reid
November 1st, 2005, 12:30 AM
>> Please tell me it was the 20-22 of Oct.
>>

> OK, I'll tell you that....although it was Oct. 27-30.......Mike and I got
> delayed a week each from the original plan......

I was available, sitting at home with that stash of Thomas and Thomas fly
rods I got at the yard sale for a buck a piece. Gave 'em to the neighbor
for tomato stakes. There was also that misdirected shipment of Omaha
Steaks. What the hell was I supposed to do with 20 lbs of filet mignon?
Dog ate well.
Oh well, I'll have to wait till next year. My fishing buddies won't be able
to make it, though they were interested in fly fishing.
http://tinyurl.com/99y3r

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Thomas Littleton
November 1st, 2005, 12:37 AM
"Frank Reid" <ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf> wrote in message

My fishing buddies won't be able
> to make it, though they were interested in fly fishing.
> http://tinyurl.com/99y3r

nice fishing buddies......<g>

Mike Connor
November 1st, 2005, 12:39 AM
"Frank Reid" <ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>
> Oh well, I'll have to wait till next year. My fishing buddies won't be
> able to make it, though they were interested in fly fishing.
> http://tinyurl.com/99y3r
>
> --
> Frank Reid
> Reverse email to reply

Be careful with those "Double Reids", waders can pull you down! :)

TL
MC