PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...

riverman
November 1st, 2005, 02:05 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051101/ap_on_sc/illegal_fish

--riverman

JohnR
November 1st, 2005, 03:53 AM
Another problem with the burbot or ling or freshwater cod is that it isn't
Kosher unlike trout which is Kosher.

http://www.kashrut.com/articles/fish/#freshwatercod

Now I must admit I never have thought of fish as either being Kosher or not.
I tend more to think about do I want to fish for them or not.

-John

"riverman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051101/ap_on_sc/illegal_fish
>
> --riverman

riverman
November 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
>Another problem with the burbot or ling or freshwater cod is >that it isn't Kosher unlike trout which is Kosher.

>Now I must admit I never have thought of fish as either being >Kosher or not. I tend more to think about do I want to fish for >them or not.

Definately one of the weirdest posts I have ever seen on roff.

--riverman
(not that I ever note weird posts. But if I did, this would be one.)
(But I dont)_

JohnR
November 1st, 2005, 01:33 PM
It is amazing what one can find using Google when looking for something
else. I was just looking for burbot to confirm that it was a freshwater cod
and look at what I found!

-John

"riverman" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> >Another problem with the burbot or ling or freshwater cod is >that it
isn't Kosher unlike trout which is Kosher.

> >Now I must admit I never have thought of fish as either being >Kosher or
not. I tend more to think about do I want to fish for >them or not.

> Definately one of the weirdest posts I have ever seen on roff.
>
> --riverman
> (not that I ever note weird posts. But if I did, this would be one.)
> (But I dont)_

Frank Reid
November 1st, 2005, 01:47 PM
> Another problem with the burbot or ling or freshwater cod is that it isn't
> Kosher unlike trout which is Kosher.
>
> http://www.kashrut.com/articles/fish/#freshwatercod
>
> Now I must admit I never have thought of fish as either being Kosher or
> not.
> I tend more to think about do I want to fish for them or not.

Look in the list of Kosher fish. It lists "pigfish" as Kosher. Hmmm.

--
Frank Reid
Euthanize to respond