PDA

View Full Version : Sbirulinos?

Lazarus Cooke
November 3rd, 2005, 12:06 PM
Mike Connor mentioned these Italian/German devices for fishing fly with
a spinning rod some while ago. I go to Italy often - just back from the
Alt'Adige - but have not come across them in tackle shops. Any help
about what to ask for?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

Mike Connor
November 3rd, 2005, 12:33 PM
"Lazarus Cooke" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
> Mike Connor mentioned these Italian/German devices for fishing fly with
> a spinning rod some while ago. I go to Italy often - just back from the
> Alt'Adige - but have not come across them in tackle shops. Any help
> about what to ask for?
>
> Lazarus
>
> --
> Remover the rock from the email address

Ask for "Bombardas" or "Saltarellas".

http://www.neptun.bz/Dateien/31.htm

http://cgi.ebay.de/CRYSTAL-DISTANCE-SBIRULINOS-kompl-Serie_W0QQitemZ7193018997QQcategoryZ19983QQcmdZVie wItem

http://www.anglermeister.de/shop02/de/dept_333.html

http://www.dam.de/katalog/html/englisch/dam_trout_bombs.htm

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Sea_Floats.html

http://www.1a-angelshop.de/index.html?posen_sbirulinos.htm

The "Dartcaster" is being highly praised by some. A further development and
modification of the original sbirulino.

There are a large number of these special casting floats now available from
various firms. Seems they are not popular in English speaking countries
though, I have no idea why.

TL
MC

riverman
November 3rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
"Seems they are not popular in English speaking countries
though, I have no idea why. "

Might have something to do with the unpronouncable name. Just a guess.

--riverman

Mike Connor
November 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
"riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
> "Seems they are not popular in English speaking countries
> though, I have no idea why. "
>

> Might have something to do with the unpronouncable name. Just a guess.
>
> --riverman

Called a "trout bomb" in English.

By the way, the "descriptive" text on some of these websites is absolutely
abysmal. The clear sbirulinos are of varying densities, and produce
Floating, slow sink. fast sinking, variations. The sink rate in salt water
is different to the sink rate in fresh water. On some models, appreciably
so. If you want to use these things for specific presentations, then you
have to test them yourself. This of course also applies to non-clear
sbirulinos.

TL
MC

Lionel F. Stevenson
November 3rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
in article , Lazarus Cooke at
wrote on 11/3/05 8:06 AM:

> Mike Connor mentioned these Italian/German devices for fishing fly with
> a spinning rod some while ago. I go to Italy often - just back from the
> Alt'Adige - but have not come across them in tackle shops. Any help
> about what to ask for?
>
> Lazarus
Lei e un uomo molto fortunato. A me piacere molto Italia.

-- Lionel

Lazarus Cooke
November 4th, 2005, 07:41 PM
In article >, Mike Connor
> wrote:

> Ask for "Bombardas" or "Saltarellas".

Many thanks mike. I was hoping to do a walk next spring up across the
big bog in Mayo, and maybe fish some of the very wild mountain lakes
for food. Standing on the bank of a Mayo hill lake casting into the
wind doesn't appeal to me, so I thought I might give these a try. Will
report back/

L:azarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

Lazarus Cooke
November 4th, 2005, 07:43 PM
In article om>,
riverman > wrote:

> "Seems they are not popular in English speaking countries
> though, I have no idea why. "
>

> Might have something to do with the unpronouncable name. Just a guess.
>
> --riverman

Hasn't stopped them eating tomatoes or chocolate.

;-)

Remover the rock from the email address

riverman
November 5th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Lazarus Cooke wrote:
> In article om>,
> riverman > wrote:
>
> > "Seems they are not popular in English speaking countries
> > though, I have no idea why. "
> >

> > Might have something to do with the unpronouncable name. Just a guess.
> >
> > --riverman
> >
> Hasn't stopped them eating tomatoes or chocolate.
>
> ;-)

Or red chiles and chocolate...?

--riverman

Lazarus Cooke
November 5th, 2005, 01:37 PM
In article om>,
riverman > wrote:

> Or red chiles and chocolate...?

spread on a trout fillet and then broiled.

mmmm!

my favorite fish recipe.

Remover the rock from the email address