PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to Dan'l

Allen Epps
November 3rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
Dan'l,
Thanks for putting together the Western Clave photo's and distributing.
A whole lot of guy's who are better photographers than me.

Strangely enough it came with a Ducks Unlimited return label on the day
MY DU return labels came.

Allen
Catonsville. MD

Wolfgang
November 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM
"Allen Epps" > wrote in message
> Dan'l,
> Thanks for putting together the Western Clave photo's and distributing.

Ditto. Thanks a lot, Dan'l.

And thanks to Bruce, Charlie, Chas, Frank, Allen, Gene, Guy, Harry, Jeff,
John, Robin, and Willi. Magnificent work, gentlemen!

Wolfgang

Mike
November 4th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Dan'l great job thanks for taking the time and effort to put this cd
together............The fishing must have been a bonus the flora fauna
and wildlife are amazing......Thanks to all who found it in there
hearts to share their experience with us who could not attend.......

Danl
November 4th, 2005, 03:40 PM
"Allen Epps" > wrote in message
> Dan'l,
> Thanks for putting together the Western Clave photo's and distributing.
> A whole lot of guy's who are better photographers than me.
>
> Strangely enough it came with a Ducks Unlimited return label on the day
> MY DU return labels came.
>
> Allen
> Catonsville. MD

De nada, Allen. I don't know why I have those DU labels as I have never been
a member, but there they were in the stationery department of my desk.

Danl

Danl
November 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
No problem, Mike. Sorry for the delay in sending them out and the lack of a
pretty picture for the cover. Maybe I'll have more time when next I do them.

Danl

"Mike" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Dan'l great job thanks for taking the time and effort to put this cd
> together............The fishing must have been a bonus the flora fauna
> and wildlife are amazing......Thanks to all who found it in there
> hearts to share their experience with us who could not attend.......

mark tinsky
November 5th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Thanx Danl !!

MT

Guy Thornberg
November 5th, 2005, 12:49 AM
"Allen Epps" > wrote in message
> Dan'l,
> Thanks for putting together the Western Clave photo's and distributing.
> A whole lot of guy's who are better photographers than me.
>
> Strangely enough it came with a Ducks Unlimited return label on the day
> MY DU return labels came.
>
> Allen
> Catonsville. MD

Danl,
On another note. What size hooks were you tying red pupae at the San Juan?
Bruce sent me another pattern I have been tying on some #20's because I do
not have size #24s in TMC 2488. I just ordered 100 in 22's & 24's.

Danl
November 5th, 2005, 01:02 AM
"Guy Thornberg" <guytee2atcomcastdotnet> wrote in message

> Danl,
> On another note. What size hooks were you tying red pupae at the San Juan?
> Bruce sent me another pattern I have been tying on some #20's because I do
> not have size #24s in TMC 2488. I just ordered 100 in 22's & 24's.

Probably 22's, if not 24's. Now just what the hell secret pattern has
Bruiser given to you?

Danl

rw
November 5th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Danl wrote:
> "Guy Thornberg" <guytee2atcomcastdotnet> wrote in message
>

>>Danl,
>>On another note. What size hooks were you tying red pupae at the San Juan?
>>Bruce sent me another pattern I have been tying on some #20's because I do
>>not have size #24s in TMC 2488. I just ordered 100 in 22's & 24's.
>

> Probably 22's, if not 24's. Now just what the hell secret pattern has
> Bruiser given to you?

Two flies that Bruiser likes for the San Juan are the AK-47 and the
Desert Storm. I think the hot fly this time will be the IED (Improvised
Explosive Device), especially tied in the "projectile" variation.

Guy Thornberg
November 5th, 2005, 03:22 AM
> Probably 22's, if not 24's. Now just what the hell secret pattern has
> Bruiser given to you?
>
> Danl
Bud Select?!?
I dunno the name - unseeable hook with 40/0 thread topped with, with
flashabou and a dark dubbed head of 000 superduperfine 1/2 size sinking
triple-micro-dub...Orange purple & gray... I tied one but couldn't see it.

Dave Mohnsen
November 6th, 2005, 12:50 PM
"Allen Epps" > wrote in message
> Dan'l,
> Thanks for putting together the Western Clave photo's and distributing.
> A whole lot of guy's who are better photographers than me.
> (snip)
> Allen
> Catonsville. MD

Hi All,
I want to add my thanks to Danl for putting together the CD. There were
some great pictures shared and my thanks to those who took the pics. Still
can't figure out how you guys get those fish to hold still. (Uhh . . .at
least for some. :)
I wanted to get my fishing partner and I up there this year, but he was
fishin' in Costa Rica close to that time frame and then headed off to
British Columbia to visit.
He is looking into a time share thing for next year in the area. I showed
him the Clave pics yesterday. That fired him up a bit. (some of you know
him from the Swedish Clave . . .Don Stern . . . doesn't fish much on any
trip that I can recall, but can BS with the best . . . he just likes to get
out)
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver
(maybe this next year . . .I think we are booked into the area . . .but
right now it tentatively is late June . . .if so, I'm sure we could stop by
the Slide Inn and give many disparaging comments about folks that may come
by in July, and when asked a question, these folks will only say "ROFF,
ROFF, ROFF". . . .but wait . . .they already know . ..never mind)

Guy Thornberg
November 7th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks Danl.
Got the pics today.
Guy

W. D. Grey
November 12th, 2005, 09:15 PM
In article >, Guy Thornberg
> writes
>Thanks Danl.
>Got the pics today.
>Guy

Hi Danl,

I got my CD the other day - great job, well done - and excellent photos
too.

Many thanks from across the water.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Tim J.
November 12th, 2005, 11:31 PM
W. D. Grey wrote:
> In article >, Guy Thornberg
> > writes
>> Thanks Danl.
>> Got the pics today.
>> Guy
>>

> Hi Danl,
>
> I got my CD the other day - great job, well done - and excellent
> photos too.
>
> Many thanks from across the water.

It must take longer to get to the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. :(
--
TL,
CD-less Tim

Danl
November 12th, 2005, 11:58 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in message
> W. D. Grey wrote:
> > In article >, Guy Thornberg
> > > writes
> >> Thanks Danl.
> >> Got the pics today.
> >> Guy
> >>

> > Hi Danl,
> >
> > I got my CD the other day - great job, well done - and excellent
> > photos too.
> >
> > Many thanks from across the water.
>
> It must take longer to get to the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. :(
> --
> TL,
> CD-less Tim
> ---------------------------
> http://css.sbcma.com/timj/

Dang, TIMMAAYYYY!!! Not there yet. I have at least one other CD that didn't
make it to its detination yet. I sent them all on the same day in the same
way for the same pay...well except the ones for the furriners...

OK Time to reload and refire a couple. Anybody else that didn't recv a
requested Western Clave 2005 CD?

Danl

....sometimes, apparently, the postman doesn't even knock once....

Wayne Harrison
November 13th, 2005, 12:06 AM
"Danl" > wrote

um, not that i deserved one, or anything...

yfitons
wayno

W. D. Grey
November 13th, 2005, 09:26 AM
In article >, Tim J.
> writes
>W. D. Grey wrote:
>> In article >, Guy Thornberg
>> > writes
>>> Thanks Danl.
>>> Got the pics today.
>>> Guy
>>>

>> Hi Danl,
>>
>> I got my CD the other day - great job, well done - and excellent
>> photos too.
>>
>> Many thanks from across the water.
>
>It must take longer to get to the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. :(

Why- because of the pirate in Boston?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

W. D. Grey
November 13th, 2005, 09:27 AM
In article >, Wayne
Harrison > writes

>"Danl" > wrote
>
>um, not that i deserved one, or anything...
>
>yfitons
>wayno

......and seeing as your "Star" in it as well :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk