PDA

View Full Version : winter fly fishing

spd 659
November 8th, 2005, 12:21 AM
What patterns work best for winter fly fishing? Small dark nymph
patterns or something else?

JR
November 8th, 2005, 01:21 AM
spd 659 wrote:
> What patterns work best for winter fly fishing? Small dark nymph
> patterns or something else?

Depends. Where are you located? What waters will you be fishing?

Big Dale
November 8th, 2005, 05:45 PM
spd 659 wrote:
> What patterns work best for winter fly fishing? Small dark nymph
> patterns or something else?

I start out with a surface foam bug of some kind around here at least
till it starts to cool off. That reminds me to change the filter for
the air-conditioner as it will be necessary since it will be so long
till winter. I sure will be a happy camper when the temps. drop to the
mid 80's.

Big Dale