PDA

View Full Version : OT...just talking ..

asadi
November 8th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Well, I haven't fished much at all this year. Rather disappointing. I'm
glad I got that trip in to the U.P> with Wolfgang.

I've got most of the house painted. As far as the little house out back
goes...I dug a 142' trench, 48" deep to run the electric, water, gas, and a
communications conduit (phone/cable) so the little house is now set-up for
winter habitation. I'll still winterize it, but to do that or to
unwinterize it only takes about five minutes. Mom has been there for a
couple of months now and will stay until just after thanksgiving.

Not that I'll be glad when she leaves but I have not had a night of cold
beer and loud music in a long, long time.

digging the trench like to kill me. I had to take a pick and bust a path
across the driveway...whew, making little rocks out of big ones as it were.

My good friend Gary helped me quite a bit and things went pretty smooth
until we went back for a last 'touch-up' cut and the trench caved in. This
humongous prowler that I rented went over sideways and damn... Damn... We
both agreed that we wished we had had a couple of beers so we would have
something to blame the accident on but alas - it was our fault all the way.

With jacks and timbers we started back down and finally got that thing out
of the ground!

so...I'm about ready for winter.

john

Ken Fortenberry
November 8th, 2005, 11:37 PM
asadi wrote:
> <snip>
> ... Mom has been there for a
> couple of months now and will stay until just after thanksgiving.
>
> Not that I'll be glad when she leaves but I have not had a night of cold
> beer and loud music in a long, long time. ...

If it came down to a choice between my Mom and my Budweiser
I'd buy the old gal a newspaper and point her to Apartments
for Rent.

--
Ken Fortenberry