PDA

View Full Version : ...was....whose oots?

asadi
November 12th, 2005, 03:32 AM
"asadi"

> Okay, maye I've been away for a while...who are you oots?
>
> john

I know I'm not a prolific poster, but I have been around for a while (2 or 3
years at least). I haven't posted much this summer 'cause I've been fishin'!

As for who I am...age 53, live in Channahon, IL, been flyfishing for about
10 years, tying for 5. I'm pretty much a bass guy, but love to use the
flyrod for LM and SM. Trout fish a time or two a year, usually on the
Northfork (Ozark County, MO) but make a trip to PA about every 3 years or so
(in-laws) and spend a day or two on Mud Run, Hickory Run, Little Lehigh or
Bushkill.

I'm a radio/cellphone tech/salesman, remember Usenet at 300 baud dialup
(BBS) and my first version of DOS was 1.12B. First computer was a Sinclair
(put together by me) and before that I helped assemble an Altair 8080.

Biggest fish on flyrod was a 25 inch LM, biggest trout on a fly was a 23
inch brownie.

That enough for ya?

Mark

Well damn,

Hi Mark, I'm John. I'm 54 years old and have been fly fishing for about
10 year or so. I do no other kind of fishing, except as a visit with my
catfish friends who drink a lot of beer in lawn chairs.

I grew up as a juvenile delinquent stealing mostly beer and eight track
tape players. I graduated a hippie, take 'all' my money because I wouldn't
give anyone the sin of stealing from me. I spent a few years as a hard core
biker - short of getting a tattoo.

Later I "settled" down and got a real job, retired waaay too early pension
wise. My later years will be somewhat in doubt but by then I will not be
able to maintain an active life style and will kill myself.

Some years ago, a questionable character I loaned money to, repaid me with
the salvageable contents of a basement he cleaned. Amongst the debris was a
fly rod.

I knew no one and taught myself to fly fish. Bad idea. I have a lot of bad
habits. Do you have any idea how much you have to drink to teach yourself to
fly fish?

.. . . got on the net and found these guys...yeah, I could have done worse. I
'could' have done better, but it wouldn't have been _near_ as much fun...

.. . . it's been one hell of a party . . . john

Wayne Harrison
November 12th, 2005, 03:40 AM
"asadi" > wrote

> Well damn,

(snip)>
> . . . got on the net and found these guys...yeah, I could have done worse.
> 'could' have done better, but it wouldn't have been _near_ as much fun...
>
> . . . it's been one hell of a party . . . john

yes, woodrow, it has been.

i am happy to know you as my friend, john baker. come down to the big
house anytime it pleases you.

yfitons
wayno