PDA

View Full Version : Casting Tuition in South West

dwdw1
November 13th, 2005, 08:52 PM
hi cAN ANYINE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND SOME GOOD CASTING TUITION IN THE
SOUTH WEST BRISTOL CHANNEL AREA?
CHEERS
DW

Cliff
November 14th, 2005, 06:46 PM
No but I can tell you where the cap lock is ;-)
"dwdw1" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> hi cAN ANYINE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND SOME GOOD CASTING TUITION IN THE
> SOUTH WEST BRISTOL CHANNEL AREA?
> CHEERS
> DW

It has removed 248 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

dwdw1
November 15th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks that's really helpful. I can see why you read the mails on a
fishing forum.

Steve Walker
November 15th, 2005, 09:55 AM
In message om>, dwdw1
> writes
>hi cAN ANYINE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND SOME GOOD CASTING TUITION IN THE
>SOUTH WEST BRISTOL CHANNEL AREA?
>CHEERS

Try contacting Sea Angler magazine, they maintain a register of
instructors.

--
Steve Walker

Handy Andy
November 16th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I have know Cliff for many years - he is right !! Netiquet is that capital
letters / upper case = shouting - and is therefore frownd upon if not used
in that way ..............

so say you're sorry ................

please ...................

tight lines ............ and ............ a little more searching and you
will find the names of those who may help you cast better
.......................... if you stop shouting at people who don't deserve
shouting at .........

night night .......

PS - if you know one tenth of what Cliff knows anbout sea fishing you
would be a very fortunate man ................

On 15 Nov 2005 00:52:53 -0800, dwdw1 > wrote:

> Thanks that's really helpful. I can see why you read the mails on a
> fishing forum.

Handy Andy
November 16th, 2005, 01:02 AM
just got back from LW at 5bargate + HW at boating lake .......... a few
little n's .. but a reasonable supply of blacks n blows for later ...
waves + wind = give up early and get burger on way home .......

sea yerz later . regards to Pat
Don

dwdw1
November 16th, 2005, 09:29 AM
What a load of drivel! Netiquet my arse! Capitals equate to shouting?
only to some precious soul too timid to hold a conversation with a real
person. What a world we live in where we endow human characteristics to
the inanimate word.
If I knew one tenth of what Cliff knows then I'd know less one than
half of what one quarter of two thirds of the population of Tooting say
that the other third should know. Anyway, as Donald Rumsveldt said.
It's what I don't know that I don't know that worries me, I'm OK with
what I know that I don't know.
cheers, and thanks for contributing,
DW

Handy Andy
November 16th, 2005, 04:24 PM
So - are you the 'famous' David Williams then ? Your 'trail' on the
internet is very revealing old son !!!

> cheers, and thanks for contributing,
> DW

I just love condesending thickos !! I think !!

There is a website specifically on PENN REELS and how to look after them -
with its own question board answered by the person responsible for the
design of the Penn 525 Mag reel ----------
If you are that smart - you would have found it and used it -
and not spent your time winding up very nice people who use this board !!

Please go teach others to suck eggs - most people here are very helpful !!
not obvious TROLLS like YOU !!!

GO THE MESSAGE YET ????????????????????????

Cliff
November 16th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Hiya Don hows it goin,thinkin of getting an early start to get the early
low
water for bait,fish it up then do it all over again in the evening,take
the
stove though,a brew is essential in this weather. Was into Bass last week
mixed up with the Codling & Whiting looks like being a good season .Take
it
easy mate.
"Handy Andy" > wrote in message
> just got back from LW at 5bargate + HW at boating lake .......... a few
> little n's .. but a reasonable supply of blacks n blows for later ...
> waves + wind = give up early and get burger on way home .......
>
> sea yerz later . regards to Pat
> Don

It has removed 250 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Cliff
November 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Jesus Ive got a head ache just reading that,anyway whats your problem
********,if you read a few more posts instead of just popping up ,asking for
advice,then getting gobby,you would see that my answer was far from unusual
on here, as for being timid,I dont fu**in think so,when you are stood on a
beach with people all around you pulling in fish from distance & you are
getting nowt from 30 feet its probably because no one wants to show you how
to cast cos your attitude stinks.
If you want to start again then there are a few places I could tell you to
try but thats up to you.
"dwdw1" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What a load of drivel! Netiquet my arse! Capitals equate to shouting?
> only to some precious soul too timid to hold a conversation with a real
> person. What a world we live in where we endow human characteristics to
> the inanimate word.
> If I knew one tenth of what Cliff knows then I'd know less one than
> half of what one quarter of two thirds of the population of Tooting say
> that the other third should know. Anyway, as Donald Rumsveldt said.
> It's what I don't know that I don't know that worries me, I'm OK with
> what I know that I don't know.
> cheers, and thanks for contributing,
> DW

dwdw1
November 17th, 2005, 09:26 AM
My word you two are easily offended. I did think after hours and hours
on a cold wind swept beach you'd have developed hides like elephants.
So you can email what you like, but when someone answers you, it's a
case of handbags at dawn?

By the way Andy, It's 'condescending' with two c's not one.

Anyway Cliff If you can tell me some places to try - then I'd be
grateful, and also If I could cast as far as thirty feet then I
wouldn't need tuition! (just a joke).

dwdw1
November 17th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Forgot to add - no offence was intended Gentlemen!

Cliff
November 17th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Right try here first mate,

http://nwsd.proboards4.com/index.cgi#general

Register first (its free) then select the area you want to try, just ask if
anyone has a trip planned & see if you can tag along,or ask if anyone is
interested in helping you with your casting.
The sea angler list is ok but it isnt updated, I know a couple of lads who
got either people who have moved or the wrong number,one got through to the
wife of one lad who had died.
Have a look for forums in the area there is a south wales one
somewhere,there is usually someone willing to teach,finally go in the better
sea fishing tackle shops,show willing & spend a couple of bob then
ask,usually get better info when there is a few stood around nattering &
having a brew.
Hope this is some help & it improves your distance eventually.
One final thing, there was an excellent video by Dave Dokwra (what happened
to him) on casting & tuning reels.
"dwdw1" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Forgot to add - no offence was intended Gentlemen!

dwdw1
November 17th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks Cliff - much appreciated!

Handy Andy
November 17th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I don't like to go on ................. but ................please appear
to be witty - not a smart arse - you WILL make more friends that way -----
e.g. >>>
My word you two are easily offended. I did think after hours and hours
on a cold wind swept beach you'd have developed hides like elephants.
So you can email what you like, but when someone answers you, it's a
case of handbags at dawn?

By the way Andy, It's 'condescending' with two c's not one.

is offensive - not funny !!!! Cliff and others, can say it to me (n viccy
versy) cos we know each other - but you are a 'stranger' without personal
aquaintance, therefore some comments appear 'offensive' - 'over familiar'-
get it !!
remember - some peaople on the net ARE old farts - stuck in the old ways
........... and apprieciate being "asked first" ................... ****
the spelling ................
where do you live ?
we are roughly in the Manchester area............

dwdw1
November 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I don't want to go on either, but in conclusion - Andy - You joined the
debate - you posted a response to Mine then Cliff's email - . My
going on - but if you're going to take offence at a reply to your
reply, then perhaps you would be better just posting to people you
know.

Signing off DW