PDA

View Full Version : Short vacation

angler
November 14th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Hi all,

After two and a half month in Tokyo, with its 33 million citizen, I
definitely need a holiday. The work load has been off the chart, so
there is more than one reason to take it easy for some days. Those of
you that have visited me in the far north of Sweden will understand why
Tokyo is a bit too much for me. I had planned on seing riverman, Myron
Buck, in Hongkong, but at this stage there is NOTHING that can persuade
me to go to another huge city. So, I started to look for options, and
you know what, with Japan as a starting point I suddenly have all kinds
of places that I can go to without having to travel all that far. Now
then, since I plan on going to New Zeeland at the end of my project I
figured I would try Hawaii for five days. Only thing is that I don't
know to where on Hawaii I should go and what to do when I get there.
With only five days to spare I thought to ask you all if you have any
ideas? Another option was to go to Guam and do some sea fishing, but I
figured that I hardly will be able to go to Hawaii again so I might as
well try that.

/Roger
If you feel like it, visit http://www.imsoc.se/angler/ for info on fly
fishing in northern Sweden, Lapland.

jeffc
November 14th, 2005, 02:50 AM
"angler" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> figured I would try Hawaii for five days. Only thing is that I don't
> know to where on Hawaii I should go and what to do when I get there.

Supposedly you can fish for rainbow trout in the mountains of Kauai.

Wolfgang
November 14th, 2005, 03:21 AM
"jeffc" > wrote in message

> "angler" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> figured I would try Hawaii for five days. Only thing is that I don't
>> know to where on Hawaii I should go and what to do when I get there.
>
> Supposedly you can fish for rainbow trout in the mountains of Kauai.

Indisputable. As a matter of fact, one can fish for rainbows anywhere. Of
course, one's enthusiasm and expectations may be (and should be) tempered by
the fact that the likelihood of catching them is much greater in some places
than in others.

Wolfgang
then too, there are various logistical, legal, economic and other
considerations.

riverman
November 14th, 2005, 09:49 AM
angler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After two and a half month in Tokyo, with its 33 million citizen, I
> definitely need a holiday. The work load has been off the chart, so
> there is more than one reason to take it easy for some days. Those of
> you that have visited me in the far north of Sweden will understand why
> Tokyo is a bit too much for me. I had planned on seing riverman, Myron
> Buck, in Hongkong, but at this stage there is NOTHING that can persuade
> me to go to another huge city.

Well, Bummer. FWIW, Roger, the part of HK island were I am is not at
all a big city...in fact, its not even a small town like Umea. From my
house, I cannot see a single other house except for one a few miles
away on a hilltop. Down the road a piece is Stanley, with outdoor pubs
and good people-watching, and a bit further down the road is a nice
lazy beach and some rocks to surfcast from.

HK city is across the island, interesting enough to visit for folks new
to the region, but a lot more confined than Tokyo. There is,
suprisingly, almost no 'urban sprawl' on the island,; once you turn the
corner from the city, you are deep in mountainous countryside, with
hikes, lakes and beaches.

--riverman

angler
November 14th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Now you tell me ;-(

> once you turn the
> corner from the city, you are deep in mountainous countryside, with
> hikes, lakes and beaches

Yeah, rub it in. And here I was thinking that you suffered the same
crap that I am suffering ;-)

Well, there's always next time.

/Roger

Charlie Choc
November 14th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Hawaii is certainly different than Tokyo. There are more things stolen
on the typical beach there in an hour than in a month in Japan. <g>

Wayne Knight
November 14th, 2005, 11:59 PM
"angler" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi all,
>I can go to without having to travel all that far. Now
> then, since I plan on going to New Zeeland at the end of my project I
> figured I would try Hawaii for five days. Only thing is that I don't
> know to where on Hawaii I should go and what to do when I get there.
> With only five days to spare I thought to ask you all if you have any
> ideas? Another option was to go to Guam and do some sea fishing, but I
> figured that I hardly will be able to go to Hawaii again so I might as
> well try that.

http://www.ucolick.org/~bolte/hawaii.html

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/articles/current/145/Fly+Fishing+Trout+on+the+Koaie+-+Kauai,+Hawaii/

jeffc
November 15th, 2005, 12:48 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "jeffc" > wrote in message
>>
>> "angler" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> figured I would try Hawaii for five days. Only thing is that I don't
>>> know to where on Hawaii I should go and what to do when I get there.
>>
>> Supposedly you can fish for rainbow trout in the mountains of Kauai.
>
> Indisputable. As a matter of fact, one can fish for rainbows anywhere.
> Of course, one's enthusiasm and expectations may be (and should be)
> tempered by the fact that the likelihood of catching them is much greater
> in some places than in others.

Implying what exactly? If you don't have anything of value to add to the
conversation, what's the point in participating?
http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/articles/current/145/Fly+Fishing+Trout+on+the+Koaie+-+Kauai,+Hawaii/

Wolfgang
November 15th, 2005, 01:05 AM
"jeffc" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>>
>> "jeffc" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "angler" > wrote in message
>>> ups.com...
>>>
>>> Supposedly you can fish for rainbow trout in the mountains of Kauai.
>>
>> Indisputable. As a matter of fact, one can fish for rainbows anywhere.
>> Of course, one's enthusiasm and expectations may be (and should be)
>> tempered by the fact that the likelihood of catching them is much greater
>> in some places than in others.
>
> Implying what exactly?

Hm......

Was I implying?

Well, maybe so.

O.k. then, let's be explicit.

Anytime you feel the urge to say something you should first ask yourself
whether you actually have something to say.......or you just like the sound
of your gums and lips flapping. If the latter......well the, let 'er rip.
If the former, then the next best step is to determine just what it is you
want to say.......and then say that. Or, to put it in simpler terms, if you
don't have anything of value to add to the conversation, what's the point of
participating?

> If you don't have anything of value to add to the conversation, what's the
> point in participating?

Ah, grasshopper, anticipation is the halfway point on the road to learning.

Wolfgang
well, o.k., it's not........but a line like that has just GOT to wow 'em at
the old frat house, ainna? :)

jeffc
November 15th, 2005, 01:43 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>> Implying what exactly?
>
> Hm......
>
> Was I implying?
>
> Well, maybe so.

Whatever. Enjoy your mental masturbation.

Wolfgang
November 15th, 2005, 01:56 AM
"jeffc" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>>> Implying what exactly?
>>
>> Hm......
>>
>> Was I implying?
>>
>> Well, maybe so.
>
> Whatever.

Um.....I believe that's, "Whatever. Chill Dood."

> Enjoy your mental masturbation.

Ouch.

Wolfgang
hee, hee, hee.

rw
November 15th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Wolfgang wrote:

> Wolfgang
> hee, hee, hee.

I imagine that whenever you do that "hee, hee, hee" thing that you do so
well and often, that you're typing with one hand. It's hilarious.

Wayne
November 15th, 2005, 02:13 AM
"rw" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Wolfgang wrote:
> >
> > Wolfgang
> > hee, hee, hee.
>
> I imagine that whenever you do that "hee, hee, hee" thing that you do so
> well and often, that you're typing with one hand. It's hilarious.

Somehow that's a visualization that I DO NOT imagine!!
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

Wolfgang
November 15th, 2005, 02:18 AM
"rw" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Wolfgang wrote:
>>
>> Wolfgang
>> hee, hee, hee.
>
> I imagine that whenever you do that "hee, hee, hee" thing that you do so
> well and often, that you're typing with one hand. It's hilarious.

Hee, hee, hee.

Wolfgang
never one to quash someone else's fantastic visualizations when
gratification is so cheap. :)

Wolfgang
November 15th, 2005, 02:31 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "rw" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> Wolfgang wrote:
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>> hee, hee, hee.
>>
>> I imagine that whenever you do that "hee, hee, hee" thing that you do so
>> well and often, that you're typing with one hand. It's hilarious.
>
> Hee, hee, hee.
>
> Wolfgang
> never one to quash someone else's fantastic visualizations when
> gratification is so cheap. :)

p.s. it probably comes as no surprise to most that whenever someone says
something that one could construe as sexual, you immediately start to flash
on what my hands might be touching. sometimes, i sit here with no pants on.
sometimes........well, you can just imagine! :)

Wolfgang
hee, hee, hee.

rw
November 15th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Wayne wrote:
> "rw" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>Wolfgang wrote:
>>
>>>Wolfgang
>>>hee, hee, hee.
>>
>>I imagine that whenever you do that "hee, hee, hee" thing that you do so
>>well and often, that you're typing with one hand. It's hilarious.
>

> Somehow that's a visualization that I DO NOT imagine!!

Try. It's pretty ****ing funny, if grotesque.

Wayne Knight
November 15th, 2005, 02:49 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> well, you can just imagine!

Nothing personal but I would rather not

Wolfgang
November 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
"Wayne Knight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>
>> well, you can just imagine!
>
> Nothing personal but I would rather not

Can't say I blame you. But this little recurring fantasy of Stevie's is
harmless enough. In fact, it may even be beneficial. After all, I'm no
teenage girl......or boy.

Wolfgang
hee, hee, hee. :)