PDA

View Full Version : a variation on "is that me?"

Wayne Harrison
November 14th, 2005, 02:03 AM
as i sit here listening to joni mitchell sing on "blue", it has become
obvious that any effort i might make to actually sing a song at that level
of brilliance is beyond absurdity; and the next step is to think, forget
*that* level--any level--have i spent forty years embarrassing myself?

and then i think of lightfoot, in his prime, or dylan from "blonde on
blonde" to "blood on the tracks", or crosby, stills and nash, and young, or
neil on "unplugged", and it just gets worse.

but then god, or somebody like that, intervenes, and i think of listening to
george, and randy, and norm, and sherm, and ed, and another dozen at the "ec
gathering", and i remember how good they all sounded, how we all sounded
early in the morning on that early april morning, and i feel better.

thanks to all who were there.

wayne harrison