PDA

View Full Version : Tampa

asadi
November 23rd, 2005, 03:19 AM
Before I start googling, does anyone have any suggestions for guides or such
advice as to preclude the hiring of one?

thinking of late January.....

john

slenon
November 23rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
http://www.paddle-fishing.com/webpages/destinations.htm

While designed for kayakers, many of the spots are also good for wading. Of
particular benefit is the Sunshine Skyway. Flats on either side of the
causeways and rest areas at either end with security and ample parking allow
you to fish without being blown out by the wind.

Orange over white Clousers and gold bendbacks are good flies to carry.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
When the dawn came up like thunder

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

David Snedeker
November 23rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
"asadi" > wrote in message
. ..
> Before I start googling, does anyone have any suggestions for guides or
such
> advice as to preclude the hiring of one?
>
> thinking of late January.....
>
> john

Seems like Ive seen a few serious looking guide services working out of
Tarpon Springs and area. Mother has place down there and Im down there a few
weeks in Jan/Feb painting, but only fished area once a few years ago. Id
check out listings for Dunedin and TS areas. Recommend the old schoolhouse
restaurant (Name?) on old road to TP, and the weird Irish bar in Dunedin,
and any of the Greek bakeries on the back streets of TP. Good birding area
also.

Dave

asadi
November 23rd, 2005, 09:09 PM
"asadi" > wrote in message
. ..
> Before I start googling, does anyone have any suggestions for guides or
> such advice as to preclude the hiring of one?
>
> thinking of late January.....
>
> john

Thanks you guys and also to W. Knight. Dad wants to buy me a Harley Jacket
for Xmas. Not being one into logos and designer names, my 10 year old
leather motorcycle jacket looks just fine.

So, I told him (since he and mother want me to go down to Fla. and spend a
few days with them) that for the cost of a coat I could buy plane tickets
and a guide for a day. I think we have a deal. Additionally, I'll have to
make a few calls and roust up a kayak down there... stop in at the Irish
pub.

john