PDA

View Full Version : Buying Used Orvis Rod??

Fester
November 30th, 2005, 01:49 AM
I'm looking to purchase a 4 piece 5 wt. 8 1/2' rod with a mid flex
6.5. It's an Orvis Silver Label TL. What is it's worth? Any
opinion's would be appreciated. I think it might be a 1999, but I
don't know. Oh, It looks brand new and the eyelites have no wear.

Thanks,
Paul

George Adams
November 30th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Orvis discontued the Silver Label a few years ago. They were originally
priced at $250/$300 new, but were deeply discounted at the end of
production. I bought a full flex 81/2' two piece for $150 new with rod
case and warranty card. In like new condition I wouldn't pay over 100
bucks for the rod.

Fester
November 30th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks George,
It comes with both a soft and hard travel cases. Yeah, it's $100.00
bucks. I'm still gonna buy it. I really appreciate your information.
Thanks again,
Paul