PDA

View Full Version : PETA

Mike Connor
December 1st, 2005, 12:25 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10265078/

TL
MC

Jeff Taylor
December 1st, 2005, 03:33 PM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10265078/
>
> TL
> MC

Stick a hook in Friedrich's mouth and drag him behind a car!

What a jackass,
JT

Mark W. Oots
December 1st, 2005, 06:23 PM
"Jeff Taylor" > wrote in message

> "Mike Connor" > wrote in message
>> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10265078/
>>
>> TL
>> MC
>
> Stick a hook in Friedrich's mouth and drag him behind a car!
>
> What a jackass,
> JT

Let's teach him about hunting. Can you say "huntee"?

Mark

Johnson
December 1st, 2005, 09:35 PM
There's a lot more important stuff than this going on - specifically
the garage sale of national forest lands (the best trout streams in the
world).

Wolfgang
December 1st, 2005, 10:50 PM
"Mark W. Oots" <mark_ctc@(no spam)ameritech.net> wrote in message
m...

> "Jeff Taylor" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Connor" > wrote in message
>>> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10265078/
>>>
>>> TL
>>> MC
>>
>> Stick a hook in Friedrich's mouth and drag him behind a car!
>>
>> What a jackass,
>> JT
>>

> Let's teach him about hunting. Can you say "huntee"?
>
> Mark

I read the article at the URL Mike posted. I was singularly unimpressed
with the wooly brained Mr. Friedrich. The chowderheaded Mr. Carlson was
every bit as enlightening. I went to PETA's website. I probably don't need
to say how educational that was. And then I read the comments included
above. Ditto.

I'm wondering whether I should take up hunting and/or fishing.

Which stellar resource should I peruse next?

Wolfgang

Mike Connor
December 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM
"Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>
> I'm wondering whether I should take up hunting and/or fishing.
>
> Which stellar resource should I peruse next?
>
> Wolfgang

With a similar niveau?

http://www.astrology-online.com/ ???? :)

TL
MC

Wolfgang
December 2nd, 2005, 12:04 AM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> <SNIP>
>> I'm wondering whether I should take up hunting and/or fishing.
>>
>> Which stellar resource should I peruse next?
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> With a similar niveau?
>
> http://www.astrology-online.com/ ???? :)

Well, with a similar resolution, anyway. :)

Wolfgang
who sees a tall dark handsome stra.....um....no wait....uh....a cloudy
future full of strife.....

angler
December 2nd, 2005, 02:12 AM
Johnson wrote:

> ......(the best trout streams in the world).

Well, I don't intend to start a flame war or anything ;-), but there
are a lot of fly fishermen out there, that would disagree with you.

/Roger
But then again, those are mostly non Americans, and what the hell do
they know?

Wolfgang
December 2nd, 2005, 02:52 AM
"angler" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Johnson wrote:
>
>> ......(the best trout streams in the world).
>
> Well, I don't intend to start a flame war or anything ;-), but there
> are a lot of fly fishermen out there, that would disagree with you.
>
> /Roger
> But then again, those are mostly non Americans, and what the hell do
> they know?

Well......

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Right! Bilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks THREE languages?

Right again! Trilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks ONE language?

Anyone? :)

Wolfgang

Joe McIntosh
December 2nd, 2005, 03:58 AM
"just came in after a litle firewater and again notyiced that woldgang
always get the last word at the bottom of our newsgroup---is he smartwer
than chock with his one liners or fontenberry with his commenterry or do i
need to learnhow to uise my computer to get in a poingent comment

i will work on spell check soon after as more time as today was the last
day of my college course on recent chinese history

don"t worry about china in near future as they have major interenal
problems leading to internal revlutions
and we will still be busy trying to handle our own problems trying to
demorcaze the rest of the world

went fishing in Nc mountains last week small stream-climbing rocks-
missed two but caught 6 inch brookie full of color and decided to fish
only flies number 12 or larger as at newly arrived age 75 i cannot see
them dam bruiser type things flowing down the white stuff
but a great way to spend the birthday----

IJ

-

MajorOz
December 2nd, 2005, 04:42 AM
Wolfgang wrote:

> What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
>
> Right! Bilingual.
>
> What do you call someone who speaks THREE languages?
>
> Right again! Trilingual.
>
> What do you call someone who speaks ONE language?
>
> Anyone? :)

The standard answer is: American

My answer is: those who have conquered those who speak the other
languages.

cheers

oz, ...if each of our states spoke a unique language, the USians would,
probably, speak many of them.

Bob Patton
December 2nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
"Joe McIntosh" > wrote in message

> //snip//

:-)))

Welcome back!

--
Bob Patton

Jeff Miller
December 2nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Wolfgang wrote:
> "angler" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Johnson wrote:
>>

>>>......(the best trout streams in the world).
>>
>>Well, I don't intend to start a flame war or anything ;-), but there
>>are a lot of fly fishermen out there, that would disagree with you.
>>
>>/Roger
>>But then again, those are mostly non Americans, and what the hell do
>>they know?
>

> Well......
>
> What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
>
> Right! Bilingual.
>
> What do you call someone who speaks THREE languages?
>
> Right again! Trilingual.
>
> What do you call someone who speaks ONE language?
>
> Anyone? :)
>
> Wolfgang

cunninglingual

jeff (sorry...but then, it is a universal language)

Tom Nakashima
December 2nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "angler" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> ......(the best trout streams in the world).
>>
>> Well, I don't intend to start a flame war or anything ;-), but there
>> are a lot of fly fishermen out there, that would disagree with you.
>>
>> /Roger
>> But then again, those are mostly non Americans, and what the hell do
>> they know?
>
> Well......
>
> What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
>
> Right! Bilingual.
>
> What do you call someone who speaks THREE languages?
>
> Right again! Trilingual.
>
> What do you call someone who speaks ONE language?
>
> Anyone? :)
>
> Wolfgang

A Linguist
-tom

Tom Nakashima
December 2nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
"Tom Nakashima" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>>
>> "angler" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> Well, I don't intend to start a flame war or anything ;-), but there
>>> are a lot of fly fishermen out there, that would disagree with you.
>>>
>>> /Roger
>>> But then again, those are mostly non Americans, and what the hell do
>>> they know?
>>
>> Well......
>>
>> What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
>>
>> Right! Bilingual.
>>
>> What do you call someone who speaks THREE languages?
>>
>> Right again! Trilingual.
>>
>> What do you call someone who speaks ONE language?
>>
>> Anyone? :)
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> A Linguist
> -tom

Sorry I take that back,
How about Monolingual
-tom

Wolfgang
December 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
"Tom Nakashima" > wrote in message

> "Tom Nakashima" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message

>>> What do you call someone who speaks ONE language?
>>>

> How about Monolingual

Technically correct, but Jeff's answer gets higher marks for imagination.
:)

Wolfgang
and the major gets an honorable mention for broodingly cryptic.

Thomas Littleton
December 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Happy Birthday, IJ!! Thanks for the reassurance over China......I worry
about that stuff.
Tom