PDA

View Full Version : Key Largo Backcountry Fishing Report

CaptLeon
December 6th, 2005, 07:47 PM
“What’s Bitin” This week: 12-5-05

This week we went for Spanish Mackerel and tried for the Cobia. There were no Cobia to be found but the Spanish Mackerel are still coming in. The Snook and Red’s are still near the Cape.

The Redbone Tournament was this weekend and large numbers of Red’s were caught along with some nice Bonefish. I tip my hat to all the Guides and Anglers in the Tournament.

With the water temperature getting a little cooler we’ve got more fish moving around and nicer days of fishing

We’re in for a good season. Even this weekend’s Sailfish Tournament turned up some great fishing with up to six Sailfish per day. “Now that’s a great day”.

There’s still a lot of Trout, Redfish and Snook to be caught in the Backcountry near Flamingo.
In the Florida Bay you can always catch fish like Mangrove Snapper, Jack Crevalle and small Tarpon. Of course the Snook and Red’s are the ones I seem to go for the most.

I’ve got a lot of fishing coming up this week. I’ll let you know what happens. The weather for the weekend should be beautiful so get out of your chair and Let’s Go Fishing! I may have a day available. Give me a call any time and check my schedule (305) 394-0505.

It only takes an hour from Miami to get to Key Largo. Christmas shopping in the Keys is a lot less hectic than at the Mall. There are lots of small shops and interesting gift ideas (plus plenty of parking). Make some plans to come and relax Keys style. On the water…..

The Best of the Holiday’s to you.
Capt.Leon (http://www.reelranger.com)