PDA

View Full Version : A bigger threat....

George Adams
December 9th, 2005, 05:15 AM
.......to the Rapid River than smallmouth bass. Fly Fisherman Magazine
has a feature article on the Rapid this month.

Peter A. Collin
December 9th, 2005, 11:54 AM
George Adams wrote:
> ......to the Rapid River than smallmouth bass. Fly Fisherman Magazine
> has a feature article on the Rapid this month.

Not for nothing, but don't you think all the chatter on this newsgroup
has an affect on the traffic on Rapid River?

The only reason I ever went there was because Dave Lacourse frequently
said how great the fishing was there. It was just as he advertised, but
it was odd how you go on a long trip through the boonies and find
yourself on a stream that is just as crowded as a local river that is 30
minutes fron Rochester NY!

Pete Collin

Dave LaCourse
December 9th, 2005, 12:42 PM
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:54:27 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:

>Not for nothing, but don't you think all the chatter on this newsgroup
>has an affect on the traffic on Rapid River?

The talk about the Rapid on this ng is not responsible for many, if
any, flyfishers on the river. It was "discovered" long ago by other
means, from magazine to newspaper to TV coverage, and is a very
popular subject on "fly fishing maine", a website that acts as a
bulletin board/chat room for fly fishers.

I have introduced the river to many roffians by having two claves at
Lakewood. The only person returning thus far is Peter Charles. I've
taken four or five friends to the river, and only one has returned on
a regular basis. Most find Lakewood too expensive and don't know how
to fish the river except from Lakewood.

The only time it is crowded is when fishing conditions are ideal, and
then only on the week-ends. The ideal flow is from 450 -1000 cfs.
Once it gets above 1200 the locals tend to stay away because they have
limited spots to fish and are not capable of wading across the river
at the currents or lower dam.

While the river continues its popularity, I expect the fishing to be
affected. So also goes the western rivers, Penns, Alaska, and
Kamchatka.

Dave

asadi
December 9th, 2005, 12:56 PM
"George Adams" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> ......to the Rapid River than smallmouth bass. Fly Fisherman Magazine
> has a feature article on the Rapid this month.

I was so put off by the cover of that issue that I doubt I'll renew my
subscription, came close to canceling it altogether.

john

Tim J.
December 9th, 2005, 12:57 PM
George Adams typed:
> ......to the Rapid River than smallmouth bass. Fly Fisherman Magazine
> has a feature article on the Rapid this month.

Well, that and that Orvis/TU have been promoting their "save the Rapid"
campaign for several years. At least they're not publishing articles about
the secret spot.
--
TL,
Tim

Wayne Knight
December 9th, 2005, 01:17 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in message

> Well, that and that Orvis/TU have been promoting their "save the Rapid"
> campaign for several years. At least they're not publishing articles about
> the secret spot.

I remember reading on ROFF that TU had sold the Rapid *down the River* so to
speak?

Stan Gula
December 9th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Wayne Knight wrote:
> I remember reading on ROFF that TU had sold the Rapid *down the
> River* so to speak?

Don't believe everything you read on ROFF.

--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Peter A. Collin
December 9th, 2005, 02:00 PM
asadi wrote:
> "George Adams" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>......to the Rapid River than smallmouth bass. Fly Fisherman Magazine
>>has a feature article on the Rapid this month.
>>

> I was so put off by the cover of that issue that I doubt I'll renew my
> subscription, came close to canceling it altogether.
>
> john

Can you be more specific? I haven't seen it.

Charlie Choc
December 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:00:54 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"

http://www.flyfisherman.com/currentcover.jpg
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Peter A. Collin
December 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
You're mad that it's a chick?

December 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:46:21 GMT, "Stan Gula"
> wrote:

>Wayne Knight wrote:
>> I remember reading on ROFF that TU had sold the Rapid *down the
>> River* so to speak?
>
>Don't believe everything you read on ROFF.

Really. Now look at the pretty watch...back and forth, back and
forth...your eyes are getting heavy..."TU is good...send money to
TU...TU is good...send money to TU...you want a bumpersticker...send
money to TU...vote Republican...the preceding subliminal political ad
brought to you by CNN...send money to TU..."

TC,

Charlie Choc
December 9th, 2005, 02:07 PM
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:06:09 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:

>You're mad that it's a chick?

I just posted the link, I've got no opinion about the picture. I expect John was
joking, though, FWIW.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

asadi
December 9th, 2005, 05:03 PM
"Charlie Choc" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:06:09 GMT, "Peter A. Collin"
> > wrote:
>
>>You're mad that it's a chick?
>
> I just posted the link, I've got no opinion about the picture. I expect
> John was
> joking, though, FWIW.
> --
> Charlie...
> http://www.chocphoto.com

No, actually, I was serious. I mean there is a nude fishin dot com if
that's what floats your boat. I just thought posing some girl who was meant
to be fishing in her bra, no vest, no net....I mean it was all so, so,
staged. Which is okay. But this was virtually a studio shot with no other
purpose than to arouse and titillate. Cheap in my opinion.

Why not take her as she is, have her bend over to lift the fish out of the
water. Let her waders fill up down to the belt and take of shot of the water
cascading out of the swollen top of her waders while her boobs are blurred
by bubbles?

john

Mike Connor
December 9th, 2005, 05:25 PM
"asadi" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
<SNIP>
> No, actually, I was serious. I mean there is a nude fishin dot com if
> that's what floats your boat. I just thought posing some girl who was
> meant to be fishing in her bra, no vest, no net....I mean it was all so,
> so, staged. Which is okay. But this was virtually a studio shot with no
> other purpose than to arouse and titillate. Cheap in my opinion.
>
> Why not take her as she is, have her bend over to lift the fish out of the
> water. Let her waders fill up down to the belt and take of shot of the
> water cascading out of the swollen top of her waders while her boobs are
> blurred by bubbles?
>
> john

Not wishing to titillate at all, much less arouse! But why not do it
properly? ;

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/iB_html/uploads/post-1-04741-fishnflyhooperright.jpg

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/iB_html/uploads/post-1-03612-fishnflyhoopercov.jpg

TL
MC

asadi
December 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM
"Mike Connor" >
> Not wishing to titillate at all, much less arouse! But why not do it
> properly? ;
>
> TL
> MC
Exactly. At least she looks like she might actually know how to fish. At
least she can dress for the occasion.

john