PDA

View Full Version : Ernest Schwiebert's Obit in today's Times

Ken Fortenberry
December 13th, 2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/books/13schwiebert.html

Mike Connor
December 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. net...
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/books/13schwiebert.html

Thanks Ken.

My first American book was "Nymphs", and I still refer to it occasionally.

MC

December 13th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I have a signed first edition of Matching the Hatch I got when I was 12
or so.
Ironically it was from the author of Matching the Hatch I first learned
the importance of
tying big streamers for big fish....and about the importance of
attitude:
about the importance of being earnest.

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/Fly_Tying/GBL-Montana_Fly_Tiers/Sandy_Pittendrigh/Articles/Henryville_Reprobait.html

December 13th, 2005, 10:30 PM
http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/Fly_Tying/GBL-Montana_Fly_Tiers/Sandy_Pittendrigh/Articles/Henryville_Reprobait.html

Charlie Choc
December 13th, 2005, 10:30 PM
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:19:11 GMT, Ken Fortenberry >
wrote:

>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/books/13schwiebert.html

Not a fly fishing author, but I noticed in one of the links that Robert Sheckley
died the other day too.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/10/books/10sheckley.html?fta=y
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

December 14th, 2005, 01:16 AM
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:19:11 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/books/13schwiebert.html

If anyone will host it for a few days, I have what I think is a pretty
amusing and interesting Schwiebert piece from a Theodore Gordon FFers'
thing a coupla-few years ago as a pdf (8 pages, about 1.75MB). Be
forewarned - by doing so, you and I will both probably be violating all
sorts of rules, laws, statutes, codes, and edicts - IOW, I have no idea
of the strict legality of your doing such or my providing it, but I
suspect that no harm will come. I'm willing to live on the edge.

If no one can/will host it, and anyone wants it, email me and I'll cc:
to those interested in a couple of days. Do anything untoward with it,
and I'll track those making with the untowardishness down with a sock
full of lugnuts...

TC,

December 14th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Third try:

I tried (twice already) to post a link to a page that has a Schwiebert
story,
but the link had a long path, and Google-posting doesn't like long
links.
So here's a third attempt to post an Earnest Schwiebert story,
with a redirect page:

http://montana-riverboats.com/earnest.php

Mike Connor
December 14th, 2005, 01:47 PM
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
> Third try:
>
> I tried (twice already) to post a link to a page that has a Schwiebert
> story,
> but the link had a long path, and Google-posting doesn't like long
> links.
> So here's a third attempt to post an Earnest Schwiebert story,
> with a redirect page:
>
> http://montana-riverboats.com/earnest.php

Very nice Sandy, thanks.

TL
MC

December 15th, 2005, 05:08 AM
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:16:33 -0600, wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:19:11 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:
>
>>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/books/13schwiebert.html
>
>If anyone will host it for a few days, I have what I think is a pretty
>amusing and interesting Schwiebert piece from a Theodore Gordon FFers'
>thing a coupla-few years ago as a pdf (8 pages, about 1.75MB). Be
>forewarned - by doing so, you and I will both probably be violating all
>sorts of rules, laws, statutes, codes, and edicts - IOW, I have no idea
>of the strict legality of your doing such or my providing it, but I
>suspect that no harm will come. I'm willing to live on the edge.
>
>If no one can/will host it, and anyone wants it, email me and I'll cc:
>to those interested in a couple of days. Do anything untoward with it,
>and I'll track those making with the untowardishness down with a sock
>full of lugnuts...
>
>TC,

A wild and reckless volunteer has appeared, willing to post the
aforementioned Schwiebert piece, and it has been sent their way. I'll
leave it to them to post a link.

TC,

Tom Brown
December 15th, 2005, 03:05 PM
wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:16:33 -0600, wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:19:11 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/books/13schwiebert.html
>>
>>If anyone will host it for a few days, I have what I think is a pretty
>>amusing and interesting Schwiebert piece from a Theodore Gordon FFers'
>>thing a coupla-few years ago as a pdf (8 pages, about 1.75MB). Be
>>forewarned - by doing so, you and I will both probably be violating all
>>sorts of rules, laws, statutes, codes, and edicts - IOW, I have no idea
>>of the strict legality of your doing such or my providing it, but I
>>suspect that no harm will come. I'm willing to live on the edge.
>>
>>If no one can/will host it, and anyone wants it, email me and I'll cc:
>>to those interested in a couple of days. Do anything untoward with it,
>>and I'll track those making with the untowardishness down with a sock
>>full of lugnuts...
>>
>>TC,
>

> A wild and reckless volunteer has appeared, willing to post the
> aforementioned Schwiebert piece, and it has been sent their way. I'll
> leave it to them to post a link.
>
> TC,

If anyone is interested in this, go to www.n4tab.com and look for the
big red link.

Tom

Mike Connor
December 15th, 2005, 04:33 PM
"Tom Brown" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
nk.net...
<SNIP>
> If anyone is interested in this, go to www.n4tab.com and look for the big
> red link.
>
> Tom

Thanks both for that. Have downloaded it, and will have a good look later.

TL
MC

Thomas Littleton
December 15th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks, Rick and Tom, well worth saving......
Tom