PDA

View Full Version : Winter solstice

Jeff Taylor
December 14th, 2005, 04:23 PM
In just a week, the days will start getting longer... Dec. 21st is one
of my favorite days of the year....!

Looking forward to longer days!
JT
(who hates leaving for work in the dark and getting home after dark)

angler
December 15th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Jeff,

Normally living at latitude 64, 44, 98N I know everything there is to
know about leaving for work in the dark and getting home after dark.
Hell, there are days where one would miss the only daylight there was
during the day (quite simple actually, when the day is only 2 hours
long).
Now however, while in Tokyo for most part of the winter it isn't as
obvious as it used to be (no kiddin' ;-)) but still I cannot but feel
that this is and will always be one of my favorite days of the year
whereas the day before that could probably be considered one of the
worst.
Happy solstice all!

/Roger Ohlund, Tokyo