PDA

View Full Version : Definitions

Mike Connor
December 19th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
intercourse.

Donīt see where it says "wrong".

TL
MC

Thomas Littleton
December 19th, 2005, 01:32 AM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message
> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
> intercourse.
>
> Donīt see where it says "wrong".

what is "normal intercourse" to a gay person?
Tom

semantics.....wonderful, eh?

Mike Connor
December 19th, 2005, 02:01 AM
"Thomas Littleton" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Mike Connor" > wrote in message
>> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
>> intercourse.
>>
>> Donīt see where it says "wrong".
>>

> what is "normal intercourse" to a gay person?
> Tom
>
> semantics.....wonderful, eh?

That is not semantics, as homosexuality is an aberration from the norm. Just
because something is not "normal" does not make it bad. Rather surprising
that you all seem to think so, as otherwise you would not have interpreted
my comments in this fashion.

Ah well, cést la vie.

TL
MC

Wolfgang
December 19th, 2005, 02:17 AM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message

> "Thomas Littleton" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "Mike Connor" > wrote in message
>>> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
>>> intercourse.
>>>
>>> Donīt see where it says "wrong".
>>>

>> what is "normal intercourse" to a gay person?
>> Tom
>>
>> semantics.....wonderful, eh?
>>

> That is not semantics, as homosexuality is an aberration from the norm.

Depends on how one defines "the norm". The evidence suggests rather
strongly that a fairly high percentage of people in virtually all cultures
have engaged in same sex relations pretty much throughout
history......roughly the same fraction of the population as is left-handed
according to some estimates. Does being left-handed qualify as deviating
from the norm? Is it aberrant? Sinister? Loaded terms, wot? :)

> Just because something is not "normal" does not make it bad. Rather
> surprising that you all seem to think so, as otherwise you would not have
> interpreted my comments in this fashion.

Doesn't seem to me that we all seem to think so. Why don't you try to
explain you're position in terms that are free of well recognized negative
connotations and see how it flies?

> Ah well, cést la vie.

Indeed.

Wolfgang

Ken Fortenberry
December 19th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Mike Connor wrote:
> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
> intercourse.
>
> Donīt see where it says "wrong".

You wrote:
By the way, it might be politically correct to say
"Not that there is anything wrong with being gay",
but there is you know, ...

What on earth prompted you to post that here ? And
what on earth is "wrong" with being gay ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

George Cleveland
December 19th, 2005, 03:13 AM
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:15:49 +0100, "Mike Connor"
> wrote:

>Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
>intercourse.
>
>Donīt see where it says "wrong".
>
>TL
>MC

http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly051116.htm

hth

g.c.

Mike Connor
December 19th, 2005, 03:39 AM
"Ken Fortenberry" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
> Mike Connor wrote:
>> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
>> intercourse.
>>
>> Donīt see where it says "wrong".
>
> You wrote:
> By the way, it might be politically correct to say
> "Not that there is anything wrong with being gay",
> but there is you know, ...
>
> What on earth prompted you to post that here ? And
> what on earth is "wrong" with being gay ?
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

No point in further discussion, as you apparently have my character pegged.
Good for you.

Was a mistake to get into this discussion at all, it always is.

MC

David Snedeker
December 19th, 2005, 08:01 AM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message

> "Thomas Littleton" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > "Mike Connor" > wrote in message
> >> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to
normal
> >> intercourse.
> >>
> >> Donīt see where it says "wrong".
> >>

> > what is "normal intercourse" to a gay person?
> > Tom
> >
> > semantics.....wonderful, eh?
> >

> That is not semantics, as homosexuality is an aberration from the norm.
Just
> because something is not "normal" does not make it bad. Rather surprising
> that you all seem to think so, as otherwise you would not have interpreted
> my comments in this fashion.
>
> Ah well, cést la vie.
>
> TL
> MC

Damn straight Connor. Even our President and half the Cabinet is swishy in
kind of a cowboy from Yale way. And, Yeah well you haven't seen nuthing till
you see them gay possum going the Hershey Highway on the Blue Ridge or them
lesbo Elk going at it lickity split in Montana. Its all perfectly normal
here in the USA, in many parts of France, and of course in all the English
public schools. Perfectly normal. Yes indeedy. And in LA you can have your
belly button removed and that's perfectly normal too.

Dave
Who is perhaps a bit less evolved than his fellow yanks, and in any case
does not look good in dresses.

rw
December 19th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Mike Connor wrote:
> Perversion = i.e An aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal
> intercourse.

IOW, everything except the missionary position.

riverman
December 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Great comic! I like this one:
http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly050907.htm

-riverman

Kevin Vang
December 19th, 2005, 04:09 PM
In article >,
says...
> Dave
> Who is perhaps a bit less evolved than his fellow yanks, and in any case
> does not look good in dresses.

....and and also looks worse in print with every post.

Kevin