PDA

View Full Version : What's Giong On?

KeithM
February 5th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Hi All
Apart from being dull, grey, damp, cold and totally un-inspiring is there
any action out there?
Tight lines
Keith M

Derek
February 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
"KeithM" > wrote in message
> Hi All
> Apart from being dull, grey, damp, cold and totally un-inspiring is there
> any action out there?
> Tight lines
> Keith M
actually it was a very nice early tide saturday at Talacre sadly the
flatties did not agree.
Derek

KeithM
February 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Derek
The weather in N Kent is and still is, as I descibed it - I thought
everywhere was the same - where is Talacre
KeithM
"Derek" > wrote in message

> "KeithM" > wrote in message
>> Hi All
>> Apart from being dull, grey, damp, cold and totally un-inspiring is there
>> any action out there?
>> Tight lines
>> Keith M
> actually it was a very nice early tide saturday at Talacre sadly the
> flatties did not agree.
> Derek

Derek
February 10th, 2006, 11:30 PM
"KeithM" > wrote in message
> Hi Derek
> The weather in N Kent is and still is, as I descibed it - I thought
> everywhere was the same - where is Talacre
> KeithM
> "Derek" > wrote in message
>>
>> "KeithM" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All
>>> Apart from being dull, grey, damp, cold and totally un-inspiring is
>>> there any action out there?
>>> Tight lines
>>> Keith M
>> actually it was a very nice early tide saturday at Talacre sadly the
>> flatties did not agree.
>> Derek

Its at the mouth of the Dee estuary in North Wales the ever thoughtful Beeb
have produced a picture and a fly over (link at bottom of page)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northeast/guides/weird/ufos/pages/talacre.shtml
should be having a paddle tomorrow but the weather is looking poor
Derek

KeithM
February 18th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Derek
Had a look at Talacre - what an interesting beach, a bit of surf and a sandy
channel close in.
Looks good for stingray in season and bass 24/7.
Strange though isn't it, the impressions we all get about each other,
I expected you to be based around Poole area give or take 30 miles each way!
I dont know about paddling at the moment, unless youre wearing chesties that
is.
I haven't wet a line for weeks and I'm stir crazy.
Never mind, the warmer weather will soon be here warming the flats on the N
Kent coast, bringing in the bass and mullet - that's all I'm going to fish
for this year.
A lot of dedication rather than chuck and chance.
I,ve spent ages walking the beaches and coastal paths at low tide this
winter and have cot stacks of photos of the beach scape to give me a head
start.
I've also got plans for a cheap all year crab bait without hvaing to hunt
and freeze peelers.
I'll have to wait for the wife to visit her mother before I dare bring that
little experiment into the kitchen tho.
I'll keep you posted.
Tight Lines
Keith M
"Derek" > wrote in message

> "KeithM" > wrote in message
>> Hi Derek
>> The weather in N Kent is and still is, as I descibed it - I thought
>> everywhere was the same - where is Talacre
>> KeithM

>>> actually it was a very nice early tide saturday at Talacre sadly the
>>> flatties did not agree.
>>> Derek
>>>

> Its at the mouth of the Dee estuary in North Wales the ever thoughtful
> Beeb have produced a picture and a fly over (link at bottom of page)
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northeast/guides/weird/ufos/pages/talacre.shtml
> should be having a paddle tomorrow but the weather is looking poor
> Derek

Derek
February 19th, 2006, 04:08 PM
thanks Keith we missed it last week stayed in bed far too long listening the
horrible weather . Its a mark we have just come to usually fishing across
the water on the Wirral but there are plenty of flatties out there and a few
cod and whiting .That channel is the business it meanders about so 50 yards
along the beach sees you casting either into the shallows or into deep
water. Herself has bought me a castable sonar kit which is going in the
tackle bag next time out so we get the whole picture. I got it right last
but one time out 80 yd casts and the line was going down at 45 degrees so
there is some real depth to play with. I was told about Mostyn just up river
to try as the harbour gives access at highwater but not been yet .
Couldn't live without the neoprene chameau's only a calf length boot but
handy on the bars and mudflats and above all warm! its perishing at the
moment.
keep in touch Derek

KeithM
February 19th, 2006, 07:05 PM