PDA

View Full Version : Authorities trying to ban beach fishing!

Craig Collins
March 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Hi all,
I have noticed that on other forums people are talking about their local
authorities trying to stop them fishing from beachs!

I encountered this when some jobs worth called the fuzz on me whilst fishin
my local beach in dover, but after further investigation i discovered that
it is writen in the doomsday book(excuse spelling) that any male or female
is entitled to fish between the high and low water marks anywhere along the
shore line!
Upon telling Dover Harbour Board this they said 'It doesn't matter we own
the beach so we make the rules' or words to that effect!
I was wondering if any other people were having problems their local
authorities tryin the same or if it's just DHB trying to get the locals to
pay to fish their piers!
If anyone else has had problems and managed to get round the stupid ruleings
the info would be greatly appreciated!

Tight Lines
Craig

Goinfishin
March 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Craig
Were you fishin off the beach facing the breakwater i e within the enclosed
harbour, by any chance?
Keith M
"Craig Collins" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have noticed that on other forums people are talking about their local
> authorities trying to stop them fishing from beachs!
>
> I encountered this when some jobs worth called the fuzz on me whilst
> fishin my local beach in dover, but after further investigation i
> discovered that it is writen in the doomsday book(excuse spelling) that
> any male or female is entitled to fish between the high and low water
> marks anywhere along the shore line!
> Upon telling Dover Harbour Board this they said 'It doesn't matter we own
> the beach so we make the rules' or words to that effect!
> I was wondering if any other people were having problems their local
> authorities tryin the same or if it's just DHB trying to get the locals
> to pay to fish their piers!
> If anyone else has had problems and managed to get round the stupid
> ruleings the info would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Tight Lines
> Craig

Craig Collins
March 14th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Hi Keith,
Yes i was! Have you had the same problems?
Tight lines,
Craig
"Goinfishin" > wrote in message
> Craig
> Were you fishin off the beach facing the breakwater i e within the
> enclosed harbour, by any chance?
> Keith M
> "Craig Collins" > wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I have noticed that on other forums people are talking about their local
>> authorities trying to stop them fishing from beachs!
>>
>> I encountered this when some jobs worth called the fuzz on me whilst
>> fishin my local beach in dover, but after further investigation i
>> discovered that it is writen in the doomsday book(excuse spelling) that
>> any male or female is entitled to fish between the high and low water
>> marks anywhere along the shore line!
>> Upon telling Dover Harbour Board this they said 'It doesn't matter we own
>> the beach so we make the rules' or words to that effect!
>> I was wondering if any other people were having problems their local
>> authorities tryin the same or if it's just DHB trying to get the locals
>> to pay to fish their piers!
>> If anyone else has had problems and managed to get round the stupid
>> ruleings the info would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Tight Lines
>> Craig

Gonfishin
March 14th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Craig
Went ther once and saw the signs and didn't bother to stay.
It seems that too much rubbish has been left behind in the past and spoiled
it for people who wanted to sit on the beach so fishing got stopped for
everyone
Tight lines (somewhere else)