PDA

View Full Version : cordless fillet knives ?

mark s
January 8th, 2004, 05:18 AM
I'm thinking about getting a cordless fillet knife and am considering
the "Angler's Best" or "Rapala" brand. (~$80 at cabelas) Also
considering the corded Rapala which is about 1/2 the price, but have
to deal w/ the hassle of cords.

Anyone have any experience w/ any of these? What are your
likes/dislikes?

I just purchased a cheap ($40) cordless "American Angler" fillet
knive, and it broke during it's first use...needless to say, it's
going back to wal-mart!

-mark

Rodney
January 10th, 2004, 04:22 AM
mark s wrote:

> I'm thinking about getting a cordless fillet knife and am considering
> the "Angler's Best" or "Rapala" brand. (~$80 at cabelas) Also
> considering the corded Rapala which is about 1/2 the price, but have
> to deal w/ the hassle of cords.
>
> Anyone have any experience w/ any of these? What are your
> likes/dislikes?
>
> I just purchased a cheap ($40) cordless "American Angler" fillet
> knive, and it broke during it's first use...needless to say, it's
> going back to wal-mart!
>
> -mark

I sure like my Uncle Henry "cordless" fillet knives, they are real easy
to sharpen. I guess I have had mine for over 20 years now. I did add a
cord to one of them, so I could tie it off when pier fishing in LA

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Brad E
January 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Mark-

I really like the corded Rapala brand. It allows me to plug into the wall,
into the powerpoint on my truck, or clip onto the vehicle/boat battery. It
comes in a nice case and will do the job. I've never had any experience
with the cordless models, though.

Brad