PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

DaveCole
April 1st, 2006, 01:40 PM
My 8 year old son wants to start sea fishing and I'm looking for a good place to take him. At this moment he would be happy to catch anything. Any ideas? We live in Yorkshire but for him I will travel just about anyplace.
Thanks

seaside
April 2nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
Dave - assuming this is a seperate question to your one about boat
fishing I'd suggest you take him to the East Pier at Scarborough.
There's water there at most stages of the tide, it's not too long a walk
to get to the end, toilets are nearby as are plenty of food stations -
oh and of course fishing off the end, towards the town, the bottom is
generally soft so you won't lose much gear and there are plenty of
little billet (coalfish) and flatties to be caught.

DaveCole wrote:
> My 8 year old son wants to start sea fishing and I'm looking for a good
> place to take him. At this moment he would be happy to catch anything.
> Any ideas? We live in Yorkshire but for him I will travel just about
> anyplace.
> Thanks

April 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
DaveCole wrote:
> My 8 year old son wants to start sea fishing and I'm looking for a good
> place to take him. At this moment he would be happy to catch anything.
> Any ideas? We live in Yorkshire but for him I will travel just about
> anyplace.
> Thanks
>

> --
> DaveCole

My sujestion is to take him to a local pier to see others fihsing and
ask what they are are catching ,using as biat etc. and take it from
there.