PDA

View Full Version : Independent reel servicing?

Fantom
May 28th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Im looking for someone to service my Daiwa 250 sealine reel. It's in good
nick but needs a service. I brought it 2nd hand and would like it serviced
before i use it.

I sent it to Daiwa but they sent it back saying its obsolete and refused to
service it. So im looking for someone who knows what they are doing, to
service it for me. Any suggestions? It simply needs greasing and oiling in
the right places. As far as i know nothing needs replacing.

TIA

J the Trout
May 28th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Doesn't say much for Daiwa, does it.

"Fantom" > wrote in message
> Im looking for someone to service my Daiwa 250 sealine reel. It's in good
> nick but needs a service. I brought it 2nd hand and would like it serviced
> before i use it.
>
> I sent it to Daiwa but they sent it back saying its obsolete and refused
> to service it. So im looking for someone who knows what they are doing, to
> service it for me. Any suggestions? It simply needs greasing and oiling in
> the right places. As far as i know nothing needs replacing.
>
> TIA

Dave
May 29th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Try Reel Value, I think they are in Devon
http://www.reelvalue.co.uk/
Dave

"J the Trout" > wrote in message
> Doesn't say much for Daiwa, does it.

> "Fantom" > wrote in message
>> Im looking for someone to service my Daiwa 250 sealine reel. It's in good
>> nick but needs a service. I brought it 2nd hand and would like it
>> serviced before i use it.
>>
>> I sent it to Daiwa but they sent it back saying its obsolete and refused
>> to service it. So im looking for someone who knows what they are doing,
>> to service it for me. Any suggestions? It simply needs greasing and
>> oiling in the right places. As far as i know nothing needs replacing.
>>
>> TIA

Gonfishin
June 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Try The Reel Doctor
Ian Rose. Seashore Tackle. 5 Elmbank Road, Paignton, Devon. TQ4 5NG.
Telephone: 01 803 529 953.

Also recommended is: Nigel Frith, NGF Reel Repairs, 16 Keswick Avenue,
Sittingbourne, Kent. ME10 3AU.
Telephone: 01 795 471 697. Mobile 07 990 944 291.

Tight Lines
Keith M