PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Channel

Steve \(EI2GYB\)
June 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Do you not think it would be nice to have a dedicated channel on TV or even
SKY TV

What are your thoughts ??

Steve

--
New Newsgroup Server
Very High Retention 90 Days

Abu Garcia
June 28th, 2006, 07:46 PM
"Steve (EI2GYB)" > wrote in message
> Do you not think it would be nice to have a dedicated channel on TV or
> even SKY TV
>
> What are your thoughts ??
>
> Steve

I don't subscribe to sky full stop. I generally do not like the idea of
armchair fishing but I do ocassionally like to watch a a fishing programme
as it is relaxing seeing the presenting angler get all stressed as it comes
to netting their quarry. Unfortunatelly most TV shows seem to resolve around
our freshwater cousins and sea angling hardly gets touched. In fact shore
angling dont think I seen anything before on TV. Not sure it needs a full
channel though.

Fantom
June 28th, 2006, 09:28 PM
"Steve (EI2GYB)" > wrote in message
> Do you not think it would be nice to have a dedicated channel on TV or
> even SKY TV
>
> What are your thoughts ??
>
> Steve
>

> --
> New Newsgroup Server
> Very High Retention 90 Days
> Add our server to your news reader today
> NNTP: chatbox.no-ip.com
> Web Site http://airlan.no-ip.org:86

Discovery realtime already has a fair few shows. Would probably need a alot
of new shows for a dedicated channel to attract subscribers.

Eric The Viking
June 28th, 2006, 11:07 PM
"Steve (EI2GYB)" > wrote in message
> Do you not think it would be nice to have a dedicated channel on TV or
> even SKY TV
>
> What are your thoughts ??
>
> Steve
>

> --
> New Newsgroup Server
> Very High Retention 90 Days
> Add our server to your news reader today
> NNTP: chatbox.no-ip.com
> Web Site http://airlan.no-ip.org:86

I think it would be a great idea.

There's plenty of good fishing programs out there ( John Wilson excepted of
course ) so it wouldn't be hard to find enough content.

--
ETV

Derek
June 29th, 2006, 12:11 AM
"Steve (EI2GYB)" > wrote in message
> Do you not think it would be nice to have a dedicated channel on TV or
> even SKY TV
>
> What are your thoughts ??
>
> Steve
>

> --
> New Newsgroup Server
> Very High Retention 90 Days
> Add our server to your news reader today
> NNTP: chatbox.no-ip.com
> Web Site http://airlan.no-ip.org:86

I get my fix on discovery home and leisure there was a load on one of the S
Sports channels but I binned that when they dropped F1
Yibbity Yibbida
Derek