PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Macalister River, Vic, Australia

Jelaine & Tez
January 15th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Can anyone help us?
We are (very) first time fishers and are going to the Alpine National Park
this weekend.
We'll be near the Macalister River
We have a small rod, basic hooks, sinkers and a cheapish fly. What's next???
What bait would we use and what would we be likely to catch?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Jelaine

joe
January 16th, 2004, 03:41 AM
In article >,
"Jelaine & Tez" > wrote:

> Can anyone help us?
> We are (very) first time fishers and are going to the Alpine National Park
> this weekend.
> We'll be near the Macalister River
> We have a small rod, basic hooks, sinkers and a cheapish fly. What's next???
> What bait would we use and what would we be likely to catch?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks, Jelaine

You may want to browse this web site. It is a commercial site as the
name indicates but there is some good information it appears to me. I
have never been to Australia but would love to go and seeing some of the
pictures and reading some accounts the fishing would be interesting
(some very exotic looking species). Not sure about sharing the water
with the crocks.

This is the home page for the site but if you do not see what you are
looking for you may want to just contact them.

http://www.mudeyelures.com/index.html

Goos ;uck!

Atlanta Joe (nowhere near down under)
--