PDA

View Full Version : Shore Fishing in Gosport - best spots and advice

David G
August 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Hi,

Anyone live in Gosport, Hampshire. Looking for useful info on shore fishing
on good spots and advice on rigs and baits. When is the best time to fish
(tide) and where.

Thanks in advance.

DG

Steve Walker
August 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
In message >, David G
> writes
>Hi,
>
>Anyone live in Gosport, Hampshire. Looking for useful info on shore fishing
>on good spots and advice on rigs and baits. When is the best time to fish
>(tide) and where.

I've found this website useful:

http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk/

I've not fished it so much this year, but I tend to fish the Browndown
Bay/Stokes Bay area. I tend to fish worm baits on a 2 or 3 hook flapper
for small fish or a big peeler crab on a Pennel / pulley rig for the
larger fish (smoothhound, bass, rays). I've caught a lot more fish on
the worm rigs, but should really show more patience with big baits.

--
Steve Walker

David G
August 9th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information, that is quite a useful site.

Thanks

DG

Cliff
August 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
When down there I fish Stokes bay at night & Hasslar wall in daylight.

--
Cliff.

Sea Anglers Have "BIGGER" Tackle.

..
"David G" <s u p e r d a v e g e e u > wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the information, that is quite a useful site.
>
> Thanks
>
> DG

Martyn
August 14th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Have a look at http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/

--
Martyn

*** STRESS - The condition brought about by having
to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out
of someone who richly deserves it.