PDA

View Full Version : Lure rod

PAUL YOUNG
September 10th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I am looking to buy a new lure rod, I have been recommended the Mike Ladle
SureSpin MK2 11'. I would like to know if anybody has got one or used one
and if so is it any good.
Thanks
Paul.

Derek Moody
September 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM
In article >, PAUL YOUNG
> wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new lure rod, I have been recommended the Mike Ladle
> SureSpin MK2 11'. I would like to know if anybody has got one or used one
> and if so is it any good.

No Idea.

Mike always used to use an old carp rod with the butt cut down - If he's
designed it I dare say this is just the same without the effort of using a
hacksaw and tidying up the raw end.

Get a second hand or last year's carp rod cheap. Cut off the extra butt and
paint the whole thing with matt varnish or matt enamel and you'll have a
decent tool that you won't mind abusing in the vilest conditions and so gain
that extra ounce of confidence.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/