PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been fishing lately?

COOLLURES
January 18th, 2004, 09:46 PM
The water here in central IL has not frozen, teh tems are just too warm.

But what about the northern and southern brethren? Have you been warm enough
to get out?

The high 30's and low 40's temp make me want to try for smallies.

Just currious.....

Jeff

--
COOL LURES
The Lures that put FISH on ICE!

licker
January 20th, 2004, 04:59 AM
You can get out and fish in Louisiana if you can pick your days. Biggest
problem is not the temperature but the wind. Unfortunately I had surgery on
my left elbow and wrist and I am out of commission right now. I am hoping
when the staples and stitches come out I might be able to do a little
physical therapy and go reel in some fish. Then it will be out of
commission again for the right elbow and wrist to get corrected.

Sarge

Illinois Fisherman
January 20th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Very hard water in Northern Illinois. Lakes, Ponds, Rivers - solid.

"COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> The water here in central IL has not frozen, teh tems are just too warm.
>
> But what about the northern and southern brethren? Have you been warm
enough
> to get out?
>
> The high 30's and low 40's temp make me want to try for smallies.
>
> Just currious.....
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> COOL LURES
> The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> www.coollures.com

Bob La Londe
January 20th, 2004, 03:06 PM
"licker" > wrote in message
> You can get out and fish in Louisiana if you can pick your days. Biggest
> problem is not the temperature but the wind. Unfortunately I had surgery
on
> my left elbow and wrist and I am out of commission right now. I am hoping
> when the staples and stitches come out I might be able to do a little
> physical therapy and go reel in some fish. Then it will be out of
> commission again for the right elbow and wrist to get corrected.
>
> Sarge

I recently ran across an article in one of the fishing magazines about a
fellow who set up a drive froma cordless screwdriver for fishing one handed.
Basically he could cast, and then use the electric screwdriver to drive the
reel. Its my understanding that he has started producing it commerically.

A quick google search turned up several listings for electric fishing reels.
--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

COOLLURES
January 20th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Hmmm, drop about a hour and a half south, we still have "soft water" on the
river. hey fisherman you arent near rockford are you?
I was in rockford about a week and a half ago and the river going through
town was kinda solid. wouldnt want to walk on it though.
Jeff

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
m...
> Very hard water in Northern Illinois. Lakes, Ponds, Rivers - solid.
>

> "COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> > The water here in central IL has not frozen, teh tems are just too warm.
> >
> > But what about the northern and southern brethren? Have you been warm
> enough
> > to get out?
> >
> > The high 30's and low 40's temp make me want to try for smallies.
> >
> > Just currious.....
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > --
> > COOL LURES
> > The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> > www.coollures.com

January 22nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
Down here(50 miles from Cairo Southern tip of Illinois). It has been warm
temps all winter so far.Supposed to be mid 50's on Saturday. Great fishing
for Crappy etc.....MIKE