PDA

View Full Version : New To group - Solent Fishing

Ant
October 27th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me whether the flounders are showing in the solent as yet??

Regards

Steve Walker
October 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM
In message >, Ant

Try http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk for recent reports.

--
Steve Walker

Derek Moody
October 28th, 2006, 08:49 AM
In article >, Ant
> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me whether the flounders are showing in the solent as yet??

Dunno about the Solent. Poole Harbour hadn't started moving as of a week
ago - 'though this week's floods may have started something and the fish
will be in condition to go once the weather cools.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Dave
October 28th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Went into Poole Angling today and was told a guy just caught a 2lb 12oz
place from the harbour wall moments ago!

Case of being in the right lace at the right time.

Flounder have been showing in increasing numbers in Poole Harbour.
2lb+ have been caught from he Baiter area in the last week.

Dave

"Derek Moody" > wrote in message
> In article >, Ant
> > wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone tell me whether the flounders are showing in the solent as
>> yet??
>
> Dunno about the Solent. Poole Harbour hadn't started moving as of a week
> ago - 'though this week's floods may have started something and the fish
> will be in condition to go once the weather cools.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> --
> Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
> Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/
> uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page:
> http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/

Derek Moody
October 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM
In article >, Dave
<URL:mailto:[email protected].> wrote:
> Went into Poole Angling today and was told a guy just caught a 2lb 12oz
> place from the harbour wall moments ago!
>
> Case of being in the right lace at the right time.
>
> Flounder have been showing in increasing numbers in Poole Harbour.
> 2lb+ have been caught from he Baiter area in the last week.

Looks like the recent rains did stir them up after all :-)

They'll spread down through the whole harbour now. If you want to take some
for the pot get 'em early, before they convert too much body mass into roe.

Cheerio,