PDA

View Full Version : Electric reel for disabled angler needed

Christopher Wildman
October 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Before anyone moans this is not spam.

I need to see if I can get an electric (12v) fishing reel for a very
disabled angler.
He has very limited movement in his limbs, but can arch his spine.
I can have a special harness made by a sailmaker so that he can "lift" the
rod, I need to find a 12v reel which can take in the slack so that he can
come fishing. I intend to start him on whiting and move him on to ling,
then we will see how it goes. This guy is keen that he catch fish as far as
he can ON HIS OWN.

I am a charter skipper, I do not take bookings as a result of any posts I
make on this site. I rarely contribute so as not to be accused of "fishing"
for trade.
Gents (and Ladies) I need help on this one.

TIA Chris W.

Dave
October 28th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Hi Chris

Try here http://technotren.qcommerce.com/#Home

Not cheap and I think they are American so if you know anyone over there or
going might get it cheaper.

Dave S

"Christopher Wildman" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Before anyone moans this is not spam.
>
> I need to see if I can get an electric (12v) fishing reel for a very
> disabled angler.
> He has very limited movement in his limbs, but can arch his spine.
> I can have a special harness made by a sailmaker so that he can "lift" the
> rod, I need to find a 12v reel which can take in the slack so that he can
> come fishing. I intend to start him on whiting and move him on to ling,
> then we will see how it goes. This guy is keen that he catch fish as far
> as he can ON HIS OWN.
>
> I am a charter skipper, I do not take bookings as a result of any posts I
> make on this site. I rarely contribute so as not to be accused of
> "fishing" for trade.
> Gents (and Ladies) I need help on this one.
>
> TIA Chris W.

Dave
October 28th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Hi again Chris

Look here about wheelchair fishing
http://wheelchairanglingandhamradio.co.uk/fishing.htm

Dave S

"Christopher Wildman" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Before anyone moans this is not spam.
>
> I need to see if I can get an electric (12v) fishing reel for a very
> disabled angler.
> He has very limited movement in his limbs, but can arch his spine.
> I can have a special harness made by a sailmaker so that he can "lift" the
> rod, I need to find a 12v reel which can take in the slack so that he can
> come fishing. I intend to start him on whiting and move him on to ling,
> then we will see how it goes. This guy is keen that he catch fish as far
> as he can ON HIS OWN.
>
> I am a charter skipper, I do not take bookings as a result of any posts I
> make on this site. I rarely contribute so as not to be accused of
> "fishing" for trade.
> Gents (and Ladies) I need help on this one.
>
> TIA Chris W.

Elton Murphy
October 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM
In article >,
Christopher Wildman > writes
>Before anyone moans this is not spam.
>
>I need to see if I can get an electric (12v) fishing reel for a very
>disabled angler.
>He has very limited movement in his limbs, but can arch his spine.
>I can have a special harness made by a sailmaker so that he can "lift" the
>rod, I need to find a 12v reel which can take in the slack so that he can
>come fishing. I intend to start him on whiting and move him on to ling,
>then we will see how it goes. This guy is keen that he catch fish as far as
>he can ON HIS OWN.
>
>I am a charter skipper, I do not take bookings as a result of any posts I
>make on this site. I rarely contribute so as not to be accused of "fishing"
>for trade.
>Gents (and Ladies) I need help on this one.
>
>TIA Chris W.

It may be worth asking the BDAA:

http://www.bdaa.co.uk/

I've seen a few advertised over the years, all from the US, but never
actually one in the flesh.

A search on Google for 'electric fishing reels' throws up quite a few
hits and I see Mullarkeys do a fixed spool one at:

http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/Fishing-Reels/

May be a good starting point for you.

Tight lines.
--
Elton Murphy - Anglers' Net
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/

Christopher Wildman
October 28th, 2006, 10:33 PM
"Dave" <dave.samuel > wrote in message
> Hi again Chris
>
> Look here about wheelchair fishing
> http://wheelchairanglingandhamradio.co.uk/fishing.htm
>
> Dave S

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Chris W.

Christopher Wildman
October 28th, 2006, 10:35 PM
"> It may be worth asking the BDAA:

> http://www.bdaa.co.uk/
>
> I've seen a few advertised over the years, all from the US, but never
> actually one in the flesh.
>
> A search on Google for 'electric fishing reels' throws up quite a few
> hits and I see Mullarkeys do a fixed spool one at:
>
> http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/Fishing-Reels/
>
> May be a good starting point for you.
>
> Tight lines.
> --
> Elton Murphy - Anglers' Net
> http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/
> The UK Online Fishing Magazine

Thanks Elton, I'll pass this helpful info on to my potential angler.

Chris W